If I call 999 and say I'm suicidal...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Pleaseletmego, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleaseletmego

Pleaseletmego Member

...what will happen?

I have a plan, perhaps not a very thought out one but it's a plan. I have what I need to do it and I have recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I've also been seeing and hearing some pretty odd things recently which have lead me to believe I might also be suffering with stress induced schitzophrenia. I can't cry and show no emotion.
  2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

If you call them and say you are suicidal, they will try to risk assess you and decide to either send police/ambulance to you or ask you to come to A & E off your own back. Be warned though, if you are picked up and removed by the police and or ambulance, there is a bigger chance of being held on a section, rather than you going off your own back and be there voluntarily.
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

They will more than likely tell you to go to the hospital as feeling suicidal isnt deemed to be a emergency
  4. Pleaseletmego

Pleaseletmego Member

Okay, thank you. x
  5. tappa

tappa Well-Known Member

ring the crisis team they can help u
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

How did it go? Were you able to reach out to someone?

Hope today has been a better day.
  7. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Can you not just see your GP instead? Book by phone tonight if its the auto system and tell your GP you need help.

IF you are feeling too low for that - then go to the hospital instead or talk to someone.

Even here is better than nowhere.

Good luck mate - shit like this can happen to anyone - and they recover.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.