If I call emergency services and tell them I want to commit suicide, will they come?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Woodsmoke, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

Will they send an ambulance or just ignore me? I need genuine answers not reassurances- FROM UK people as that's where I am.

2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Re: If I call emergency services and tell them I want to commit suicide, will they co

I don't think they would ignore you hun. They would be worried and would want to make sure you are ok.

What has made you feel so low? We are here to listen. Hope you don't attempt :hug: xx

3. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

Re: If I call emergency services and tell them I want to commit suicide, will they co

If it weren't for fear of failure, I would already have tried uncountable times.

4. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure what they will do, there is a crisis helpline you can phone though and they will tell you what you can do or you could go to the A&E department at your nearest hospital and ask to see the crisis team. I've done the latter and I did get help, though I have heard people from this site have negative experiences from the crisis team.

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

They will normally send out the police or an ambulance to take you to A&E to see mental health liaison or after hours, the crisis worker on call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.