If I can make it, you can make it!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by AlexDanish, Jul 1, 2009.

1. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Background:

When I was in grade 5, I remember my first impulse to kill myself. In grade 9, I began to cut myself. And then, in Grade 10, I cut myself almost every night because of my problems, and overdosed and ended up in the hospital.

That entire summer, I was depressed, and in the Gr 11 fall, I ran away from home. I was arrested by the police, and transferred to the hospital. And then, not too long ago, in May, I confessed suicidal feelings to my therapist and was once again transferred to the hospital.

Look at it. I spent half my high school time depressed. And, alot of stuff happened. Family issues, issues with myself, issued with schoolwork, stress, issues with friends and relationships. For 2 years.

I would flop myself on my bed, listen to sad music, and fall asleep eventually.

But I decided to turn that around.

Currently, I am employed at Harveys, a Canadian fast food restaurant, and it is going good. Keeps me occupied, gives me money. Feeling good with life and I have some good friends. Going to chill with an old friend in Port Colbourne soon. I'm doing Driver's ed, about to get my G2 (The Canadian licesnse... Lets me driver anywhere, and without parents in the car). My grades for this year were improved, from the lowest being a 72, to the highest being a 93.

Relaxed. Feeling good. Enjoying the big things, and little things. Marvelling at a squirrel outside, to downloading some good music, to just relaxing after work , watching some mindless TV.

I'm only 17, and I've been in the hospital 3 times, and I must have cut myself over 100; I counted and eventually lost count around there. Overdosed, abused drugs, drank.

The point is, I fucked up young. But it's never too late. Will I be sad again? Perhaps. It's likely. But for the first time in my life I've been having a good time. Hopefully it will last.

And it happened to me, so it can happen to anybody!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks for the post it is good to see you are doing so well now

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Alex :hug:

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Congrats,you have a lot to be proud of :D

4. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Thanks Daisy! Everything in my life (With a little bit of effort :laugh:) has begun to turn around! I just told myself baby steps, and inch by inch I managed to make more positive changes in my life. Props to SF and everyone here for helping me :tongue:

How have you been?

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

That's a great story, ADanish. It just goes to show that even depression/bad times don't last forever. Things eventually turn around with effort.

:cool: