if i cant get girls what is the point of having friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by greenieguy, Feb 13, 2014.

1. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Usually friends think you arent as good as them just because they have a girlfriend. Even the girlfriends look down on me. If i am hitting on a girl my friends will cock block somehow. if i cant get girls what are the point in friends.
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

point of having friends is different than having girls, dude

look deeper
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  3. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

You didnt get what i was saying. look deeper ive looked my friends mostly care about getting girl, every single guy would hold the fact im a virgin as some sort of joke, even when we go wake boarding the bring their girlfriends. Ive looked plenty deep because i figured out that friends serve no purpose they are just there to annoy you and show of their girlfriends. I also noticed you couldnt even anser my question what are they good for.
  4. someguy24

someguy24 Well-Known Member

They can make you tougher I guess, its human nature no? Try to ignore it I guess but I haven't been there, I have been bullied thou. I am the guy that some people looked with compassion but was generally avoided and not understood, and so sometimes abused.
  5. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Whats human nature? That friends serve no purpose. Look on youtube and see the way friends are mean to each other so its not just my friends. So i ask what is their purpose? I remember visiting a friend of mine and i was being introduced to some girl who was wondering who i was all flirty and my friend takes off my hat and i didnt say anything else for the rest of the evening. Friends are only obstacles.
  6. SilencedFaith

SilencedFaith Member

Then are they really your friends?

Friends don't pick on each other, the support each other. They laugh and cry together, throw sarcasms at each other, but they treat each other like treasured things. Friends do not let each other fall into the mud, they will carry each other out. Friends hurt each other, but only because they care for each other so much. Friends protect each other from all the harms of the world (okay, maybe not all). Friends forgive each other for the things that they had said and do. Friends are these things and so much more, but I'm sure being an obstacle is not one of them... Well, maybe except if you're going for the same girl.

Be patient. Maybe your girl is looking for you, just like you're looking for her. You just have to wait for the right timing.
  7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

With regards to your last post greenieguy (in this thread I mean), I don't quite understand why you'd moan about not getting girls yet not take the opportunity to even talk to one who seemed to be potentially interested in you? No conversation from yourself is going to reduce the chances of you getting what you'd ideally like, surely?

Unless i'm mistaken - which is possible.
  8. someguy24

someguy24 Well-Known Member

Nature of behavior is an influence that has been formed for many years, millions of years, as a result of the environment, to act and do certain things. But why do you call some people friends? Can you define what a friend is? I think friends share and are compassionate in their own ways. If a person does something for you then it is because they are concerned, and this is our human nature. Sometimes it doesn't seem right, you might look at it as cruel, but it is because there are things in you that are not necessarily needed from a standpoint of survival. For example, I was told by a close friend that maybe I should have been aborted, it stabbed me, but when looked at a different angle it wasnt that bad because it was a jerk reaction to how I behaved. This made me realize some things, it had the desired effects nature intended, I forgave the guy, moved on, and I still considered him a friend. One day a very pretty and smart girl wanted to meet me, and some friends wanted to take me to her but I refused and I was called names and made fun of, but so what? I kind of knew what was coming to me and I was right, now I'm sick and couldn't have made her happy. Remember, it is still about the survival and well being of the majority vs yours, and it is like a game where you are required to contribute to your survival, others survival, vice-versa, and this means eliminating things that are not beneficial. Sometimes what is required doesnt seem nice, but have you looked at history, how masses of people have suffered, and do these days too?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  9. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

I dont think you are mistaken i just wasnt very clear. I was saying my friend embarassed me in front of this girl i was being introduced to after that i didnt feel like talking or even trying because it was a lost cause
  10. Cat of Spades

Cat of Spades Well-Known Member

They don't sound like very good friends or at the minimum, they don't seem like the type of friends that would benefit you specifically.

Maybe I am too strict on my use of the term "friend", I have always thought of a friend as someone who has got your back in the worst situations, the kind of person that you can talk to without fear of judgement no matter how stupid your thoughts are. What you are describing is more like drinking buddies or just pals that you jerk around with during your downtime off of work/school. I wouldn't consider those guys friends as much as just acquaintances, buddies or pals... I think you would be wise to do the same.
  11. prettypearls

prettypearls Member

Don't let these guys ruin you, don't look for friendship with them, find some real friends. And I'm not saying that like it would be easy. I have a very hard time finding friends myself.