If I can't have a sense of belonging, I might as well do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ldub20, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking it about constantly and hate this loneliness. If I could make it go away I wouldn't feel the need to kill myself. But living without a sense of belonging is something only conceited, condescending egotists deserve. Not me. Face it, I don't have any reasons NOT to kill myself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Yes lonelness sux i know there myself.But we need to find that inner strengthy reach out a little and find those who do give a shit thats whats friendships get based upon.Maybe join some sort of social group and try and find ppl you can enjoy being around.I know takes a bit but is worth it.Even find ppl in same situation as you as then ya can understand each other.You do belong just need to find yaself.Always support here too.Take care
  3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Maybe. But all everyone does is make me feel like I don't belong. So what if lots of people shed tears at my funeral?
  4. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Seems like sometimes when ya down ppl are like that but there are lots of understanding ppl out there and ppl who go through what we do and feeling the same.I been going to a group where ppl suffer depression and anxiety biopolar and to be honest i have a great time as if i m feeling down i have pppl who understand
  5. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

I know the feeling, it is not nice to say the least to feel that way. But its not permanent. You are still young this is just the start of life. You will find someone, and then it will all be worth it. Please dont give up digging when you are so close to the gold.
  6. 41021

41021 Banned Member

(((gentle hug))) Dubby

Try to keep holding on a bit
    you are fine fellow

i'm feeling deeply alone at the moment too
    despite knowing many many ppl
  7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Why not hang out and be friends with those who are in your peer support group? And, if you're not in one, why not find one and take part? The word "peer" generally refers to people one is alike and can relate to and be related to. It's really the best type of friend, the peer, because people with similar situations, or similar backgrounds, or similar interests... they can relate to one another better. When you're down, people who are "up" generally want to distance (who wants to be brought down). It's understandable. This is why the whole peer support concept is such a great tool in recovery and wellness.
  8. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i feel the same buddy
  9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just wanted to send some caring thoughts, Dubby, and to let you know I am thinking about you
  10. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

What does a sense of belonging mean? Please tell us. Do you want to be worshipped?

Reminds me of a Science Fiction story of a college kid who did not do so well in his exams. He wish that he is the smartest and the wisest person in the world. That he can out think and out smart any other human being. And all the females find him attractive, because he is better than any other man in any objective indicators.

His wish can true, he was teleported into a world full of morons. And by morons, I mean people whose intellectual capacity is so poor that they are literally idiots (in the original meaning of the word) . He is worshipped by idiots.
  11. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Um what does this have to do with anything??? when did the OP said he wanted to be worshipped???? I think you meant to write your story on a different thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  12. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Still feeling suicidal and can't find anything positive about living.
  13. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

nothing dubby?
  14. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Well, I guess this type of feeling is the worse. At least you can enjoy the sunset. Where I am the sun sets in the bay but I do not live near the bay so I get a pretty pathetic sunset.
  15. Jungle420

Jungle420 Banned Member

I feel exactly the same
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.