If I don't sleep soon..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I've hardly slept for 3 nights and I really feel on the edge, like something, anything will set me off in a PMS tirade. I feel awful and so close to breaking you would not know.

I'm walking around like a zombie and I can feel my depression making a hasty return. I'm too worn out to make much sense here but it feels better to share it I spose.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey there :hug:

Sorry to hear about the sleeping? Have you tried warm milk or meditation? For some people it supposedly helps. Or if you haven't tried it, perhaps a little bit of music, quietly playing on the background might help you to be able to fall asleep?

I'm sorry it makes you so awful :sad: Please hang in there, and keep posting if it helps. You're right sharing is better than bottling up.

I really hope you'll be able to get some decent sleep soon, Tin_Woman.
    Take care and be safe.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

My therapist told me something that helps. He said it's ok to not sleep. And he said if I'm up to just be up and do something with myself if I want to. So for a few nights I would just stay up for pretty much the whole night and play on the computer not much thinking about sleep. And after a couple days I started sleeping better. It's just that I stopped worrying about falling asleep so much. Don't know if that helps your situation at all. I guess just know it's ok not to sleep. Just come here, or wherever else you go on the internet. I'll prob. be up. PM me :smile:
  4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Fromthatshow is right. I've suffered from weird sleeping patterns as long as i can remember. The best way for me also is to not fight it, get up and do something that zones me out and eventually my body will take over and let me sleep. Rather than working on any hobbies or enjoyable projects, I sometimes clean out cupboards, etc til the boredom finally gets me sleepy.
    Its so frustrating not sleeping, I feel for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.