If I say nothing...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Sep 21, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

If I say nothing - No one gets offended.

If I say nothing - No one gets hurt.

If I say nothing - I don't say the wrong things.

If I say nothing - I can't be putting my foot into it.

If I say nothing - I won't lose my temper.

If I say nothing - I'll be bottling up more.

If I say nothing - Is there a point to me talking?

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

But if you say nothing, then nobody gets to hear what you have to say... and believe it or not, I've seen you give plenty of good advice and help lots of people. And bottling everything up is definitely not a good thing.

3. Anon06

Anon06 Member

I often think that it would really be better to just shut up.
    In fact, there are lots of people with which I simply gave up and do not argue with them anymore. I would like to believe in communication, but some persons are simply deaf to reason. Well, deaf to my "reasons" perhaps. It's a matter of perspective: probably I am the irrational one to their eyes. The point is that our own perspective is the only available one to us. Considering things in an "objective" manner is nigh impossible.
    But maybe not everyone is like that. Maybe you can get something out of communication. Talking with people won't magically solve any issue, but we mysteriously seek understanding even if it really looks pointless at first glance. It probably is a desperate attempt to fight an invincible solitude.

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

If I say nothing - I can't be wrong, or misunderstood. I can't be made out to be something others think I am.

If I say nothing - I can't be judged.

If I say nothing - I don't make as many mistakes.

I feel compelled to say nothing - because it's better for the majority of people that way.

Bottling things up is the way I am most of the time. My advice? I read back and think it's poor.

Solitude - I'm not a big fan of it, but it's better than being in unhealthy and unhelpful arguments/discussions or beyond.