If I take my toddler to a police station

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PleasehelpmePregnant, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If I take my toddler to a police station will they arrest me? Can I drop him off there. I can't compose myself, I can stop crying. He is sleeping in the car and I pulled over since I can't compose myself to drive. What should I do? Please help me.
  2. absolution

    absolution Forum Buddy

    This feeling should pass....but if you feel like your child isnt safe you should take him/her to the police station and im pretty sure they would put him with child services. So yes you can. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    take you to the hospital with your child get help for you and the hospital will get help to look after your child help both ways
  4. NoWayForward

    NoWayForward Member

    Please tell me you didn't do exactly that.

    What was the outcome of that evening?

    (I'm late to the forum, having just signed up... I found your story in another thread, and am alarmed at this idea because I can see your path forward. I know you have one, and I know you will be ok because I've seen it before....)
  5. Mikeintx

    Mikeintx Well-Known Member

    I believe Fire Stations allow you to drop off a baby without any legal ramifications. You may want to just google your state laws to see if they have any info on that.
  6. Marty482

    Marty482 Well-Known Member


    I will pray for you both.You should take your child in if you think the child may be hurt or you cant care for the child any longer.Mayeb go in and ask the police what the law is and your rights before you drop thew child off. My hope and prayers go out to you.

    You are welcome to PM,

  7. Daphna

    Daphna Well-Known Member

    My heart goes out to you. I just want to remind you that when we are pregnant, we are really emotional from all of the hormones. Please do not do anything rash. You have a toddler? Me too, please share with me the situation you are in. I am sure we can figure something out. Blessings..
  8. flowingriver

    flowingriver Well-Known Member

    Please leave your child with her father, if he can take care of her or your mother, or some adult in your family who loves your child.

    If you bring the police or social service into it, you might get your child taken away from you. You will have things permanently on your record. The feelings you experience now will pass, but such action will forever go on your record. You will regret giving up your baby.

    Get someone in your family to help care for the child, so that this particular issue stays within the family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.