If I'm out of line...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by itmahanh, Oct 6, 2008.

1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

or stepping on anyones toes... TOO FRICKIN BAD!!!! This has to stop and I dont care whose feathers I ruffle!!! I'm never came here to be popular but rather I came here to find support and then realized to give it too. Read the very first box on the top of the screen "SF - A support forum for people in crisis"!!!!!!! When did this change? What memo or thread or post did I not read? The vast majority of us should be able to think back to when we first joined. That first major thread or post you created and how it felt like you were pouring your very soul out for all to see and read. Didn't if feel good when in one of your darkest moments, you knew others cared, understood and supported you? Well the least that can be done is to return the favor. Too many times new members post, or even seasoned members, to have their thread turned into something completely off topic or about someone elses own beef or bouquet. There are appropriate forums for debates or jokes or just to chit chat... PLEASE USE THEM!! If for whatever reason you yourself are not feeling up to being civil then avoid the forum or post some poetry, write a story or start a thread right here. But please dont dump your garbage in other peoples yards so to speak. It is too easy to get caught up in our own feelings and then the next day to say I'm sorry. But the damage may already of been done. And saying you're sorry states that you recognize your mistake and are not going to do it again. But it happens over and over too many times! Each member here has earned the right to be respected when it comes to their feelings and thoughts, so take a second to think about how you would feel if you were about to receive the replying post you are about to submit.

In my point of view the welcome forum is just that a place for people that are feeling alone with their thoughts and need to feel welcome someplace where others can understand and support them. Suicide forum is for people that are feeling suicidal and are looking for somebody, anybody to just listen and give sound advice or even say "hey, you're not alone". Crisis is for people that are beyond just feeling and are too close to the edge for their own safety. Debates, intense banter and extremely dark thoughts are better posted in Soapbox, or other places where people can reply accordingly and NOT in someone elses thread where all they need at that moment is some constructive advice or support. It's time to get this support forum cleaned up and take the trash out!

To any members new or old, please know that you are just as important as the next member and deserve to be heard. IF you end up with stuff that just doesnt follow your thread, always remember that there are those that have responded with the intent of giving the support you are looking for. PM those members and keep reaching out for help. Dont give up on yourself because there are so many wonderful people here who wont give up on you!

I offer only this as an apology for my rant. To any new members reading this please dont see this as a negative remark about SF. It is here that you will find so many angels gathered in one place. Please accept my "sorry" if I have made you doubt the support you will find here. The forums are overflowing with it. Just sometimes the "dirty laundry" gets a little lost on it's way to the washing machine. I'm certain that you will find the support you are looking for and even make a few new, very special friends along your journey here at SF. Be safe and know that others truly care.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

``àmèn tò that. :hug:``

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Thanks for posting this Carla. :hug:

4. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

Carla, thank you for this post. You are right and it can be overwhelming especially seeing as this is a suicide forum, people come here for help, support and friendship in dark times. Thank you for having the sheer guts to be straightforward and honest with the issues that have been happening around here.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Very well put Carla. I hope it makes people take the time to think how what they say may affect someone elses life. Words can help, but they can also hurt.

6. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

Amen big time fella'! Thank you carla!!! :agreed::thanks::shake:

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think you should be elected as a moderator Carla. :hug:

8. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Very well put lets hope people will take notice :hug: