If life was forever

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sasuke, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasuke

Sasuke Active Member

Would you commit suicide? I would no doubt about it.. The only thing that keeps me going now is knowing that sooner or later we will all die..

2. ftheunion

ftheunion Member

No. Most poeple don't want eternal slumber. It is our biological senses that is our life. Empiricism and percieving things is pretty good.

3. dreamstar

dreamstar Active Member

It depends on what kind of conditions I was living in. If it was under the current world conditions then YES I would definitely commit suicide, in a heartbeat! If someone told me I had to live in a world like this forever I'd find the highest building and JUMP! lol. This world is a worthless piece of shit! But, if I were going to live forever in better conditions then no, I'd never want to die:).

sonia

4. dreamstar

dreamstar Active Member

No most people dont want to sleep forever. What is it in us that makes us never want to die, hmmmm.... *thinks deeply*

sonia

5. teutonic

teutonic Member

If "living forever" entails the impossibility of dying of old age, that would be great. I could then determine my time of death and certainly wouldn't die in indignity. Then I would just live as long as I enjoyed my life and subsequently end it some day. And it wouldn't even be immoral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.