If me was this girl father this would never happen:

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Wolpertinger, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolpertinger

Wolpertinger Member

2. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

this is beyond horrendous! stupid fucking people. who marries a girl to her RAPIST! its like marrying someone to the person who plans their death. its only begs for violence and pain. its conpletey horrid, and dishonors the whole country.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

That is utter insanity! How could such a law exist!?!?

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow that's just so awful, don't really know what to say. There sure are twisted things in the world today. There shouldn't be such horrible laws in existence.

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

funnily enough that is what the bible says, the woman has to marry the rapist

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Good ol' christianity

6. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

They say its rare but my understanding is that its fairly common in more traditional communities, I'm not sure what you can do when they see a rape as more damaging to the family than to the victim.

7. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Yar.. im with sorta with issaccs.. This is a completely different culture, atleast to mine. Fucking horrible that this is deep rooted into family values and the laws. .. and yeah..

I suppose it's something to learn and understand I guess. I dont want to insult so, props to the people who are standing up against it. Hopefully they can start whittling down the shit thats allowing these twisted ways to appear as something they are completely not. Perhaps they'll start moving to the point that people are people, forcing anyone into anything, especially a rape victim.. :| Yeah... you're educating a mass at a very core aspect that keeps them together and lets them move onto the next thing. Somewhere, they lost the plot for respect for life and replaced that with some "honor badge" or something that I really dont want to understand the fucked up rationals and beliefes for. At the expense of someones dignity, life, soul, beliefe? More than one aspect of rape going on here :(

Ill lose my nut :( Poor girl.. She deserved more from her society. Like being treated like a person, not .. this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.