If Money Was No Object

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Twocky61, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

If money was no object what would you do with all that money?

How many cars would you buy?

How many houses would you buy?

In both those cases you can only drive one car & live in one house at a time; though of course you could live in one house, have a flat near your work & a holiday home somewhere like the Bahamas & as for cars? One for commuting/work, another for leisure & maybe a rediculously expensive classsic car for weekends

Then of course there are famiy & friends, numerous 'round' the world holidays & numerous charitable causes

But even with all that you probably would not be able to spend all that money in your lifetime, even if you live to over a 100
  2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i'd buy myself my own private island, my own boat, my own house on the island, and i'd buy a chain of KFC stores. all for me. i wouldn't let anyone near my island- i'd be alone in my luxury house with all that KFC
  3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I would start a charity and help as many people in the world as possible in my lifetime. Basically. I don't need "stuff".
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I would pay off my kids student loans - I am sure they would appreciate that. I would set up a financial aide platform to help others go to school or training, though I like a model I saw once where it included a mentor along with the aide. I would really like to set up a "social academy" - to teach social skills to people that have difficulty in that area because when they might have been learning the fundamental social skills they were busy with problematic home lives and bullying so they never got the skills in interacting that some others get in a more "normal" adolescence. I would pay off my mortgage of course, but the only real luxury I am really interested in would be to have either a small cabin and boat on a very remote lake somewhere or a small house on a remote island (I like quiet and fishing lol ).
  5. strange_crusade

strange_crusade Active Member

I think of a somewhat extended 'orgy' of experience and travel. Take a world map and throw 50 darts at it, and visit every country they land on. If I was still miserable afterward: ostentatious self-murder, releasing all the imaginary wealth to the few friends I have and charity.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

A nice car, and a great chauffeur, since I can't drive! A house big enough for everything I own. A large bedroom and king sized bed, and more than one bathroom, so no one is hogging it. :p I want one of those showers that has the jets coming out of all directions, that looks cool! A pool would be nice, and I've always wanted a movie theater in my house. :p I'd buy my own island, and only invite those I can tolerate. :lol: The rest would go to charity, and those people in my life who truly do deserve it and haven't been backstabbing fakes.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Ain't going to happen so no need to be charitable or taking care of humanity here!!!

Would hire a housekeeper to clean the house some..hire again good at fixin to finish off the deck in the garage.. With money hanging out of my pockets would find nearest Porsche dealer and go for a test drive.. A leisurely one..lol
  8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I would get an ocean view house on the Oregon Coast, hide there, and enjoy the view. But would also do everything I could to fight homelessness and hunger. No one should go without a home or food.
  9. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

I would create mental well being centres, that run off the recovery star model which has good efficacy at tackling mental health issue in a more whole and considered way. Beyond just medication and therapy, although those angles are covered as well. I would also buy up nuclear power plants and build my own, then undercut some of the power companies by a noticeable amount. Because frankly I am sick of old people freezing to death amongst other things. Lastly I would purchase desalination plants and fund R&D into making the process more efficient and higher volume. Water scarcity is likely to become an issue in my life time. I would do plenty of other things but this will get too long.

As for myself, well I would buy a vast estate and a serious chunk of land. I would invite all my friends and any family they want to bring to move in. I would also turn it into a self sufficient commune and invite those who are fed up with the rat race to join it and turn it into a stable community. Founded on Agricultural and rational principles driven by science, not anarchy, not religion, rationalism. It would also operate in a state of paranoia as if some calamity will befall the world. So when it inevitably does, we should hopefully be alright.
  10. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

If money was no object? As in, infinite supplies of money? Well, I'd supply infinite amounts to science projects and various charities for starters.

But, for me? I'd probably buy a house in Australia with a swimming pool, a ticket to go to space with Virgin Galactic, and start up a video game developing company. :D
  11. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

I'd buy a nice house some where warm and travel the world give money and food to the homeless and starving. I'd s in the run my house like a farm, I'd adopt all the orpahs in the world and all the the kitties, so basically I'd run a orophage for kittyes and children.
  12. BadWolf

BadWolf Well-Known Member

I'd pay for language lessons, music lessons, dance classes, courses in things that interest me, tickets to festivals and gigs. I'd pay for experiences.
  13. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

..i would buy a my own house..and buy alot of books...then i'm gonna stay inside of it..shut from the world...

..well...since i have a lot of money and i dont know how to cook..i'm gonna have my foods delivered..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.