Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As I was leaving a restaurant on Wednesday evening, a hotel van almost hit me, and I wish they would have, even if I hadn't died. If I had died, I would be on the island. I didn't get upset about it though, because I was already upset at the restaurant for not accomodating me there, which I would have been had the manager I know there had been there. Horrible evening.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is a good thing the van didn't hit you. You mention being upset when you left the restaurant. Were you paying attention to what was going on. Perhaps the near miss could have been avoided altogether. What accomodations was it that you required from the restaurant that you were so angry you didn't receive? Was your meal and the rest of the service you received okay? Just curious I guess. Sorry for all the questions.

3. If the one very nice manager had been there, I would have been seated promptly, rather than my standing around trying not to lose my balance while a group of ignorant high school-aged/college-aged hostesses stood around probably contemplating about how to keep their hair from distracting their view while seating customers. They managed to see me standing there, one of them told another one of them to find a close table for me, yet the other one mumbled something about "not available". From then on, they just mumbled about stuff not pertaining to how to seat me at a close table. They ignored me at that point, and since I have been very emotional during the past few days, my mother and I didn't stay there, though she did talk with another manager, who is suppose to resolve the issue by the next time we go there. When I left, was when the hotel van nearly hit me, which would have resulted in some interesting moments of bad pr for both the restaurant and the hotel.

Anyways, we decided to leave that restaurant and go to a new Italian restaurant, which was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had, since the employees who work there, did their jobs as near to perfect as possible, despite that the restaurant had only been open for three days. Very impressive. By the way, I was sat at a close table right away by the host and hostess working at the Italian restaurant.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear that things did finally work out in the end. Not the way things were planned, but you probably had a much nicer experience at the other restaurant then you would have at the hotel. It is nice to feel looked after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.