If someone asked you who (or what) is your favorite fictional character of all time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I would say Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.

I just saw him in the movie Visions playing a doctor, and of course, immediately recognized him. Basically, the main character chick in the movie was having what her husband was convinced were just hallucinations because she was the only one seeing these things. And so they went to a doctor, who prescribed her an antidepressant.

Now, I found two things wrong with that picture. One, she's pregnant, so should she even be taking psychiatric medication of any kind in the first place? Two, you don't give freaking antidepressants for hallucinations; you give antipsychotics. I've only just begun the movie, so I have no clue whether the bitch really is hallucinating or their house is haunted or some shit, but either way, I turned to my husband and said that he was better off sticking to the Sheldon role than the doctor role, prescribing an antidepressant for what could potentially be a case of psychosis. What kind of freaking doctor does that?

But I digress. This whole conversation got my husband and I into a little debate after I said, "Regardless, Sheldon Cooper is still THE best fictional character of all time. Hands down." To be honest, I can't see him as anyone but Sheldon every time I see him playing another character in a TV show or movie. I'm just sitting there, waiting for him to say something Sheldon-like, lol. My favorite TV show of all time is still Supernatural, and I absolutely freaking adore Sam, Dean, Cas, Lucifer, Crowley, etc. I love all my dorky animated Disney classics (that I still happen to watch rather frequently...shh!)

However, favorite fictional character OF ALL TIME is still Sheldon. Hands down, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Sheldon was the shit. There was no other character like him in the history of humanity that even so much as came close to the cleverness, wit, and hilarity of one Sheldon Cooper. So he is my favorite of all time. What's yours? We're talking movies, shows, books, or what have you. Any form of media and any fictional character...if you had to pick just one.

Inanimate

Batman. His businesslike demeanor and commanding presence makes his character stand above the rest for me. Other heroes may model his charm and strength of character, but he is the archetype. Batman’s willingness to sacrifice himself for allies under his employ renders him a man of fortitude and responsibility. Even when his enemies have backed him into a corner, he manages to turn the tables in ways that are both brazen and dignified. Above all, Batman is a source of awe and aspiration, as a hero should be.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Eddie Dean from Stephen King‘s Dark Tower series; he’s the realest feeling character from my favorite writer.

He starts out as the smart-ass who keeps fucking his life up because he just can’t get past his childhood bullshit and his devotion to someone who is no good for him. When we first meet him he’s found himself onboard a plane smuggling cocaine into the country partly to protect his even bigger fuckup of an older brother, and partly to pay for their heroin habit.

But once given purpose, and surrounded by people who respect him and expect better from him, you see him evolve from an irresponsible hedonistic man-child into a capable adult, a good role model of a big brother figure (as compared to his own especially), and a loving and devoted husband. Still a smart-ass though.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Mine is either Don Vito Corleone (from the movie Godfather, played by Marlon Brando) and Joker (best performance if played by Joaquin Phoenix or Heath Ledger - RIP). I know they are villains and criminals but I can relate to them most, neither does this means I'm going to do crime in real life.

emily91

I like count olaf, and if you don't know who count olaf is: he's from a series of children's books called a series of unfortunate events. their was a movie too and a series on netflix (which is one of the reasons I really want to get netflix)/ je's a nit of a vilain, but his character is really good.

I like screwdge, too. most christmasses I watch him in something or another

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I love Sheldon Cooper as well, cannot lie. His sense of humour is also my favourite. I also remember it really opened my eyes on how people who seem unpleasant at first can be the best people in the world if you understand them well enough. You just have to stop and listen.

No surprise, I also like Auri from The Name of The Wind. She's just... weird, but I really recognize myself in her in practically all the ways, just without all the bullshit. If you're interested, here's a bit of info.

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Keyser Söze from the film, Usual Suspects. In the film, his reputation attained legendary status, of one being feared and elusive. Also came out with the killer line, "the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Either that guy, or Jay and Silent Bob *thumbsup

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Rorschach from the movie Watchmen, had an absolute and unswerving idea of right and wrong, what was honorable or not and acted on it whether it was for good or bad.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I love Sheldon Cooper as well, cannot lie. His sense of humour is also my favourite. I also remember it really opened my eyes on how people who seem unpleasant at first can be the best people in the world if you understand them well enough. You just have to stop and listen.

No surprise, I also like Auri from The Name of The Wind. She's just... weird, but I really recognize myself in her in practically all the ways, just without all the bullshit. If you're interested, here's a bit of info.
jOkay.?! ;) I saw/found it now (the link). . I'm a bit of a brontosaurus when it comes to these things. . ; ) looks cool! ( ; is Kvothe a girl, or guy? : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00