If there are girls that feel the same way as I,would you be willing to share it here?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ldub20, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I ran across a question on Yahoo Answers! and as I read, thought to myself that "this girl sounds like a female version of me"! This is what she posted:

I am being serious.
    I am 19 and have no friends, and never have.
    I never go anywhere on weekends, and I'm quite shy and scared to even try to make friends because my hearts been broken so many times by failed friendships.
    Nobody calls me to hang out.
    Nobody comments or likes my Facebook statuses (Which are rare and few, not like an annoying teenager who posts and likes pages all day) and the only "friend" I have lives two doors down and just frigging texts me all day, and when I took her to a concert and bough her expensive presents, she just sent me happy birthday texts and Gave me a candy cane for Christmas.
    I am very lonely. I don't think anyone has even liked me as a girlfriend either.
    I was hanging out with a guy on the weekends. He always was sweet to me, and even held my hand last time i was with him. Nobody's held my hand. I was so happy, and I felt normal like i had a friend.
    He decided he didn't like me as a friend or girl and has pretty much ignored me for two months and told me to "go my way."

To be honest, the only way I wanna go is to my grave.
    This has become depressing and I've turned to suicidal thoughts.
    Please help. What is wrong with me?
    I have tried classes and volunteer work, and no friend's from there.
    I always smile and act cheerful and try to start conversations, but nobody cares of what I have to say.

I'm ready to just die. I don't see a future for me.
    No friends for 19 years...I probably won't ever have a guy love me either.
    I can't drive because of anxiety. I work all day everyday at a cafe and just make people food and drinks. I can't do anything cool or special.
    I'll live and die alone. What can I do to fix myself?

I can't contact her because she posted this nearly a year ago (and hasn't had much activity since), but if any lady feels the same way as this user, Luna, please post. I'd like to know because if I do, I'll know that we share something in common and may help each other feel less lonely. Perhaps we can exchange ideas of what men and women, respectively, want.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Re: If there are girls that feel the same way as I,would you be willing to share it h

Honestly, I feel this way a lot. So you can talk to me if you want. I'd be willing to listen to anything you have to say and hopefully help.

3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Re: If there are girls that feel the same way as I,would you be willing to share it h

Dub, I haven't had any friends that I actually talked to outside of class since middle school, and I'm 22 now. And even those "friends" were pieces of shit and talked behind my back about me to each other. They were more each others' best friends than mine. For some reason they just kept tagging me along. Maybe because they felt sorry for me or something.

As for relationships, I get really attached to someone in the matter of a couple weeks, and then get upset if they're not on the same level emotionally as I am. I've also gone from one partner to the next every time a previous partner has let me down. I have no mental support whatsoever. Not from my family, not from friends. That's why the person I am with romantically has to not only fulfill my relationship void, but my family and friends void as well. I feel suicidal when I have nobody at all to depend on - which, in my case means no relationship, being that I don't have any support from family or friends, regardless.

But I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel in regard to being lonely. I feel extremely suicidal when I have nobody else to depend on. That's why I've been standing up for you and your beliefs in your threads. You can PM me if you need someone to talk to or someone who understands.

4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sounds like Social Anxiety, which I have. I am 36, no friends in real life, 2 serious relationships but they did not work out due to me.
    Being very shy or socially anxious can lead to poorly-developed social skills (it certainly has in my case) which in turn makes it worse. 36 year olds should not be as bad at talking as I am, as ill at ease in company.

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't have any real friends and haven't had any for a long while...and when I get a friend, I give my all and ignore the person's fault until I can't anymore...most of the time I give, I give, I give and they take, take, take...I rarely receive anything...people forget my birthday and I deleted my facebook account 'cause no one really cares what I say or post...and I all I get is spam mail...I spend most of my time in the house, because of social phobias and severe anxiety...

6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Age has nothing to do with it. Social anxiety affects all sorts of people of all ages.