If there is 1 thing that would keep you from ending your life- What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn01

The only thing that would keep me from ending my life would be- if I won the lottery.
Then I could move out and buy a townhome, buy a new car and some other things. Only then life would possibly be more deal-able. I would invest alot of it.
5 million after taxes would even be enough.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
If I could find someone to love and to love me in return, find a soul-mate. I highly doubt its ever going to happen though. :(

if my ex told me that she lied when she said she didn't love me anymore... if I could hold her in my arms even for just a minute.. it'd make everything better

Silent1

If i had won the lottery found true love or found a way around the guilt of knowing my parents and brother would hurt forever.

Kassy

To win the lottery : stop working, traveling, paying all my debts and the most important, sue my father for pure revenge.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
its kind of a toss up between 2 things... winning the lottery and being with my girlfriend basically everyday instead of for a few days at a time every few months. Although... winning the lottery could lead to that....

I have no one single reason for wanting to live.

Picking one alone, to be honest, I don't know. I don't really need money - or more money. Lottery would make things worse! I know what would happen - same old, new tale. It would be more expensive women - I'm not paying! I'm just saying the drinks and other things would be on me.

Your children would be spoilt - you'd marry a money-chaser! It happens.

So no lottery sized win - I'd self destruct - and take you with me maybe. For all your good intentions, that much cash would change you. You think it might help - but if you struggle for a friend or lover when poor - and you at least have a few people who accept you - with that much cash - you would imagine that many were only there for 'your money'. Some would! Hard to say but I value friendship and think that if you got suddenly rich you could never have any new friends!

Or you would have to live a double life! Sneaking out of your old home to be flown to the Stately Home or whatever digs are yours.

I guess, love, in a general term as well as romantic, friendship, kinship (family) and a myriad of other interests keep me from taking the slip road off the highway of life!

Don't care what others think about you either. I mean be yourself and nobody has to be around who disturbs your peaceful world!

My regards!

Aargh. Good question.
For me...
To be with the woman I love.
All this hell would seem legitimate and worth the experience if I could just hold her for even a second every night.

Hoasis

The only thing that would keep me from ending my life would be- if I won the lottery.
Then I could move out and buy a townhome, buy a new car and some other things. Only then life would possibly be more deal-able. I would invest alot of it.
5 million after taxes would even be enough.
Funny thing, this is exactly the same reason for me too. I am spending nearly 1000$ a month now on the lottery. So if I win I can just move to whatever place I want and spend it there by myself. Other than that I really got nothing to live for.

foolnomore

I promised my family I would never make another attempt on my life .I take promises seriously . I regret having made it but I did so i resist the urge everyday and it is hard.

Hoasis

I promised my family I would never make another attempt on my life .I take promises seriously . I regret having made it but I did so i resist the urge everyday and it is hard.
So when you have made that promise, you might live a miserable life for many many years because of a promise?

foolnomore

To me a promise is a serious thing ,I have nothing but my word and if I can't keep that then I am truly a worthless person. If it means I have to live in hell for the rest of my life then so be it. I already think I am worthless but to break my word would be to take away the one thing I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00