IF there was a painless and peaceful way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're trapped in so many ways by our modern society.

Not being able to leave it all easily makes it even worse.

Those were the days when you could just hop on a horse
and head out to parts unknown, live off the land.

Anyone got a time machine I can use?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I HAVE a painless and peaceful option, several of them, I even picked a favourite. The method of suicide was never my issue, I could imagine all KINDS of ways to do it so that I left this world with a peaceful smile on my face, the only reason I am still here is because I NEEDED to know there is nothing waiting for me after death before I did it, and as shaky and weak as my faith is, I have never been able to convince myself of that. There is no point ending it just for things to get worse, and that thought got me through the toughest times of my life, living because I had no sure escape.

Even though I dont want to die anymore, the favourite method of mine is still slightly temping in and of itself, its this warped "happy place" that outlived my suicidal desires.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Most likely yes. Painless good, peaceful I would view as no issues in any afterlife, but would not leave the few mainly in my family wondering what? What went wrong with him or what they might have done differently to change the event.

Last edited:

SaFa61947

Kaiser Franz
I've grown to personally like some people on this forum and it hurts to see they talking they'd end it. The SF forum would instantly be less interesting.

If there was a way to make you all immortal, despite your claims of suffering, I would do it. Thankfully none of us will last forever, and I am pending more towards the side of accepting this now.

In the would-be world it's easy to say things. I doubt I would do it now if I had access. There is nothing thereafter. Even pain is better than nothing.

I will leave my body only when I'm sure I can't do anything with it anymore. Then I'll get a new one.

Phteven

Without a doubt I would use it at some point in my life. I would probably wait until my parents are gone. I don't have any reason to be living this shit existence and doesn't look like I am capable of making a better one. I have tried but failed brilliantly.

Thauoy

I have a peaceful and painless way to die. I have actually tried also. I was almost successful unless my mother took me to the emergency ward. I was in coma for many days. I somehow survive. My worry is not the method or way of dying. My fear is what happens in the afterlife. According to my Hindu religion, those who die by suicide never get peace in the afterlife. They never get to heaven nor able to return to earth. They get stuck in the Astral world where they get far worse suffering than the suffering on earth. After a very long time in that situation, they have to return or reborn on earth and start all over again from where they have left in their previous birth. That's the reason I am afraid of suicide.

Thauoy

I will leave my body only when I'm sure I can't do anything with it anymore. Then I'll get a new one.
Getting a new body doesn't mean end of suffering. We are suffering because of our karma in previous birth. The only way to end our suffering is to endure it and make sure never to repeat such bad karma and also trying to evolve spiritually by connecting with God. Without exhausting or liquidating your karma, you suffering will continue even if you get a new life with a new body.

Pebble mouse

Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
SF Pro
As @Thauoy indicated, there are painless and comfortable ways to do it. I tried one of those ways a long time ago and spent some time on a ventilator in a ICU. If I hadn't backed out in the last minutes I wouldn't be alive today. The survival instinct kicked in, and, I saved myself. Believe me, I am very happy I failed..

Thauoy

As @Thauoy indicated, there are painless and comfortable ways to do it. I tried one of those ways a long time ago and spent some time on a ventilator in a ICU. If I hadn't backed out in the last minutes I wouldn't be alive today. The survival instinct kicked in, and, I saved myself. Believe me, I am very happy I failed..
Thank God, you are alive. Hugs to you.

I have a peaceful and painless way to die. I have actually tried also. I was almost successful unless my mother took me to the emergency ward. I was in coma for many days. I somehow survive. My worry is not the method or way of dying. My fear is what happens in the afterlife. According to my Hindu religion, those who die by suicide never get peace in the afterlife. They never get to heaven nor able to return to earth. They get stuck in the Astral world where they get far worse suffering than the suffering on earth. After a very long time in that situation, they have to return or reborn on earth and start all over again from where they have left in their previous birth. That's the reason I am afraid of suicide.
I don't know about anyone else here, but I've been getting the strangest feeling I've been through
all this before. Every once in a while I get the intense feeling of dΓ©jΓ  vu .

Either I'm starting to become physic, and stuck in a time loop, or being reincarnated.

IF there is an afterlife, what about a before one?

Without a doubt I would use it at some point in my life. I would probably wait until my parents are gone. I don't have any reason to be living this shit existence and doesn't look like I am capable of making a better one. I have tried but failed .
Take heart that it's probably a good tt's probably a good thing to have failed in a bad world.
(a brilliantly bad one at that)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
For me it's never just been about it being "painless and peaceful" at least not just for myself. I would want to know that it would be that way for me, but also for everyone else who'd maybe be affected by it in some way. I mean maybe they wouldn't, but as long as there is even so much as a chance that someone would be upset by it in some way, I would not want it to be because of a choice I made. Also I fear the potential consequences in terms of any kind of afterlife. Also the idea of there being "nothing" after we are alive here also freaks me out a lot. So because of all these unknowns, they are what have kept me here for the most part. From what I can tell, what would make me by far the happiest woman in the world will never be a possibility for me so there's no chance that I'll ever be living a truly "happy, torture-free life" there is only enduring until whenever life decides my time of suffering, oops I mean "living" is over.

For me it's never just been about it being "painless and peaceful" at least not just for myself. I would want to know that it would be that way for me, but also for everyone else who'd maybe be affected by it in some way. I mean maybe they wouldn't, but as long as there is even so much as a chance that someone would be upset by it in some way, I would not want it to be because of a choice I made.
Spoken like a true empathetic woman!

That's one reason you should hang around, the world needs more
people that think about others and just not themselves.

Also I fear the potential consequences in terms of any kind of afterlife. Also the idea of there being "nothing" after we are alive here also freaks me out a lot. So because of all these unknowns, they are what have kept me here for the most part.
I'm too concerned with leaving this insane world to worry about
the next, though the insanity is man-made and there are incredibly
wonderful things in nature, like butterflies, birds, flowers, clouds,
and many other parts of nature. (which the insanity is imperiling)

It's the horrible knowns of this world that are driving me to ruin.

Compared to that, nothing works for me. (guess I'm a nihilist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00