If u knew "alloutoftears" then read this T.T

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by despairguy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. despairguy

despairguy Active Member

Guess some of u sometime spoke to this guy "alloutoftears".
    well, i was his friend and as some of u might know he was going through hard times. After several personal conversations he finally told me he was gonna end it all... it was hard to believe, but after many days of research i managed to find information, something, a confirmation in the news that could tell me has was gone, or that he could have hopefully failed his attempt... well.. here are the bad news T.T

http://notices.irishtimes.com/4081191

guess i have nothing else to say... I'm here just to inform u guys.

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

ooops sorry did one of these too for him....

R.I.P :cry: :wub: you always

3. despairguy

despairguy Active Member

nah, it's ok. I wrote this just to inform the community.
    I actually made a nice video in his memory, but I can't post it here since it's on my FB profile...
    ----------------
    Stephen, wish u well wherever u are. You won't be forgotten, u'll be missed... and the rest...u already know it my friend R.I.P.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Oh that's so sad.....I'm sorry you lost your friend..

5. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

RIP Stephen. May you walk with a smile on your face now.

6. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

this seriously saddened me.
    i'm sorry you lost your friend, sweetheart.
    r.i.p, Stephen. God, will take care of you now.

7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Rest in peace.... :rose:

8. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Stephen.
    I hope you are happy in Heaven sweetheart :cloud9:

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

RIP Stephen. Sorry to hear about your friend Oss. :(

10. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Such a terrible loss. You and Stephen's family are in my thoughts Oss.

Mim

11. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Sorry for Steven and yet envy him too. That Steven had guts...more guts than most of us. In other words, he had the guts to take action. In comparison, does that make me a coward? I have to mull this over.

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It does not make you a coward.

13. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

It takes guts to keep fighting and live, not the other way around.

I'm sorry Steve chose to give up and not attempt to try, reading his posts, it just makes me sad, like I could have maybe done something... I dunno...

But yah Winslow, fixing your problems and fixing yourself is what takes guts, taking the easy way out of your problems is not something to admire.

RIP Steve

14. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

It's courageous to fight.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  15. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

kyle88, I totally agree with you. It takes guts to to keep fighting and live.
    Suicide is giving up.

16. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

R.I.P x

17. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Let me give a clarification about my previous post. It was a twinge of momentary envy for Steven's suicide. Just momentary, as I said. Because I'm not suicidal currently (even though the thought is always lurking in the background).
    What I'm trying to say is that whenever I read through a newspaper and happen to run across its obituary and see all the deaths, I always feel some envy even when not suicidal. Why? Well, because my suicidal inclination is chronic, similar to a recovering alcoholic. Just as an alcoholic can never be cured but only recover, so it applies to a suicidal person. So in my case, whenever I hear about someone else's suicide, the instant reaction is one of envy. And that emotion of envy even happens when I also see news of deaths which are Non-suicide. In other words, deaths which result from old age or illness or accident. What makes me feel especially envious is when the person who died was much younger than me. Do any of you feel that way whenever you run across this kind of news? I have a hunch that this feeling is quite common among SF participants even for those who are not suicidal currently.

So don't worry, nice people, I am not suicidal, at least not currently. I just had to explain about the "momentary trigger." I hope my explanation was clear.

18. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend...big hugs, J

19. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry he felt he had no other way and for his family i hope have some support to get thru it all. I hope you have booked some therapy for you as well
    Take care sadness that all one can feel

20. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

The unfortunate reality of being a part of SF is that at some point, someone is going to do it. My thoughts and prayers are with his soul and his family. :(