If You Are Considering Suicide, Please Read

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

You may think no one cares about you. You make think your family gave up on you. You may think that your death would have no impact on anyone.

But it will.

Death sucks.

Death recently came to my community and has hit home in a big way.
    This past Sunday, a 49 yr old man with 5 teens in his pickup truck were coming home from some event. They were travelling down a dirt road and he was going around 100 mph.
    The truck hit something in the road, (pothole?) not sure, but then the truck struck a telephone pole, veered into an open field, rolled at least 5 times and came to a rest after striking a farmhouse.
    The driver and 2 of the teens were killed, including a friend of my daughter.

Of course this has affected my daughter and her friends. And today is the first day of school, and the school is now affected as the girl who died attended there.

But it's more than that. In today's instant news, interent chat rooms and the ability to post comments almost anywhere, it's easy to see how death can affect folks.

The whole community has been affected by this. We are a small town of like 20,000 people. The community is in mourning over this loss. Folks that didnt even know the victims are very upset.

Now how does all of this relate to you? Well simply put, your death by suicide will be reported. It will be in your local newspaper, and radio etc. Folks will comment on it. People will be affected. Folks you don't even know. And....someone, you probably don't know, will read about your death and think, hey I am suicidal too, I should do the same thing, and then very well will.

Another lesson I learned is that we must live each day like it could be our last. Take heed to make each day the best you can, because you never know when your time is up.

For every action there is a reaction. And your death by suicide would most certainly have a terrible reaction.
  2. DarkFantasy

DarkFantasy Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it's not about them, it's about me. I have to be happy. If I'm not, why does anyone else matter.
    I care about them sure. But how can I show them when I'm miserable and can't take care of myself?
    I know they care. But they don't care enough to help me, and I don't blame them. We're all in it for ourselves in the end. If someone else posts on my suicide and thinks whatever they think about it, it's only to better themselves or be a part of a group.
    Truly, it doesn't matter.
    It has to be something that affects me in a positive way. If not, why would I, or anyone else, give a damn.
  3. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Very well put. I couldn't have said it better my self.

The thing is, when people are in as dark of a place as wanting to kill themselves, they don't think about family.. or friends, or their community.

All they think about is the positives to them leaving.
    "Family wouldn't be burdened.. Feel no pain"

But its very contradictory.. Families would be utterly burdened with the thought that a loved one had taken their own life. There will be pain, mourning, confusing. Even some people would suicide because their loved one has (happened to two friends of mine)

Suicide is not as 'pain relieving' as you think.
  4. hazelnut1945

hazelnut1945 New Member

i agree that living for people that don't even know me is not much motivation to go on living. And it's wrong to say that people who commit suicide don't think about family. Family is the one thing that's kept me around for the last few years. If i didn't have any family living i'd have been dead long ago. But no more, I can't stand another second of this hell even though i know it will cause them pain. One more week for me and then...........
  5. denistar

denistar Active Member

Do I hold on to the pain to avoid making other people sad? That's what I want to know....
  6. Genesisx

Genesisx New Member

Death is eventual to all of us, however life is temporary. Yes, you do have people that care about you; if you dropped dead this second there will be at least five people crying over your death, wishing so much that they could fix it. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. What is life to you? Why do you feel sad? Your problems and feelings, yes, are very important, even if you think no one cares, someone does. I care. The simple fact of matter is, that a lot of people take their own lives thinking that there is no way out, when there is. There is a chance once you get older you will not feel the way you do now, but you'll never know if you choose to end your own life. Look at all the beautiful things in this world, the simple feelings such as grass between your toes and the warm sunshine. You will never experience these things again once you have killed yourself. Once you are dead, you are dead, and you can never take it back. You have to understand the variety of things life offers, who knows? Death may be even less enjoyable then life; you won't know until you get there, and once you are dead, you can never take it back. I know you feel that you are trapped and life will never get better. Life is truely what you make of it, you have the freedom to do whatever you want, and experience waht you want to experience. Yes, you will die eventually, but why not enjoy life while you are here instead of cutting it short? I know you will not regret this decision.
  7. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Well said, Genesisx.
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

suicide is a temporary solution to a permenant problem........ in this lifetime. I have lived a lifetime in hell. I will have to come back. Thats my spiritual belief. Death, or release from this earth plane is only temporary. I will have to return. But the hell of this lifetime has lasted for 5 decades. I do believe that there will be healing for me on the other side. Will everything be rosie and great? no I do not believe that. But at least there will be help. Which is not available to me in this human form. I have no children. My relatives consider me a burdon. Yes, there will be two people who will be upset. But they are very well cared for. And have copious amounts of love in their lives.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.