If you could change yourself completely, would you still want to die?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by gloomy, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I've been thinking about this ever since my little incident… I don't think I've ever wanted to die, and all of my suicidal thoughts mostly come from a desire to punish myself for not measuring up to expectations, or because I don't think that I could ever find the strength to change… or sometimes because I'm depressed and can't feel anything. Sometimes there are things I have a hard time dealing with because they frustrate me and I feel like I have a really low tolerance for that.

But then I started thinking and I realized that if I could magically change myself into someone that I would like to be, then I probably wouldn't feel that way.
    And then I wonder if I can't just change myself into that without magic.

So yeah, I think maybe it's possible to undo everything you've done and start over in a lot of cases, or at least, to make the best of what you have left.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I think you have several excellent points Gloomy, certainly things we all should consider. That is a basic summary of my quote talking about what you want now as opposed to what you want most. I think the majority of us want happiness the most , and suicide is a distant "want now"...

Thank you for your Post

3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Even with all the pain that I've endured, and still do, I wouldn't change a thing (cliche, right?). I honestly wouldn't. All of the things I've had to go through has me the strong person I am today. Yes I have my moments where I would love to die, but I pull through.

I think if I changed I wouldn't know who I am. All my struggles have helped me figure out who I am. I can't even think about what my life would be like or who I would be if I didn't have diabetes, depression, suicidal tendencies etc... I can't really rememeber that person before the depression set in. I didn't know myself at all.

One of my biggest problems is my low self esteem, and not being able to trust myself. I second guess myself constantly. I need to trust myself, and I believe I will be alright!

Not sure if I answered your question...