If you could go back in time....

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by White Dove, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

and could redo some things in your past what day/ days would you go back to and what would you do and why???

As to me...

I would go back to the year 1980.. the year that both my mom and grandma were still alive and tell them from that day on up that i loved them very much and do all i could do to help them around the house , like helping with the housework..

I would go back to the Feb. that was so cold that night and asked grandma to stay at out house so she would not have gotten killed in the house fire.

I would go back two years before my mom got sick and would beg and plead with her to go to the doc and get checked out so she could have found the cancer on her sooner and she could have fought it.

I would go back to the day i seen those bible studies at the fair and just walk on by instead of picking them up and signing up for them.. if i had passed them up then i would never have met David or Elaine.. i would never have done all the studies and would never have been baptized into Christ.. That i think was a big mistake and i wished i could undo it...

I wish i could go back to when Bill asked me to take him to livingston cause i trusted him and because of him i lost my career in law enforcement and if i could i would have changed it and still if i could i would kill him for that... if i could get by with it ...

i would go back to the night i took the OD in Sep. (will be anniversery next month ) but i would go back then and make sure i took more then enough.. the amount i took did cause my heart to run away and my blood pressure to drop sio low but i would make sure i would take more and not call anyone and just go on and die.. That was the biggest mistake of my life was to call someone.. i should of done been dead.. they brought me back and for what??? so they can hurt me more..

okay now care to share any days youd like to go back and change them
  2. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I've thought about this many times in the past but don't anymore ever since I read about the possiblity of parallel universes. The idea being there's an unlimited number of universes with anything you can imagine. So instead of going back in time in this universe, I've always imagined going back in time in a different better world. One where people treat each other different, one that sort of has different "rules" for lack of a better word.
  3. LonelyKid

LonelyKid Well-Known Member

I tend not to remember the specific times I really disliked... I seem I cant remember much of any of when I was a kid so I can't travel that far...

I would go back to I think when I was 12 and try and stop my father from hitting my mother that night and that way they would never have broken apart. We would still be a family and even a drunk father is better than none.

But I would go back to 2003 and never leave TX... stay with my father instead of following my mother. Stay with my brother... kept him from drinking and smoking... then he wouldn't have liver problems now.

I would go back to 2005 and fight more to get into school again. If I had I would be a graduate now and off doing something useful than wallowing in my own pain and misery.

I would go back to last year at Christmas and do it right that time instead of just chucking everything cause I got sick cause I drank too much...

I would go back to everyday and try to be a better friend... then maybe I would have some right now.
  4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I wouldnt change anything. I dont want to. Sure, my life hasnt been the best but compared to some people I'm pretty lucky. Its made me who I am today, and I dont want to change that.

5. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

Well put TDM :hug:

I would not change anything either. There are certainly events in my life that I would prefer had not happened that have been terrible. Yet - somehow - they make me the person that I am now - a stronger more giving person.
  6. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I wish I never told anyone about my suicidal thoughts. :sad:
  7. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

I would go back to the day in 1997 when I said yes to an extra job and got into a car accident on the way. I wasn't hurt, but I lost the car. It was a great car. Because of that incident, I didn't have a car when I moved to L.A. and I was never able to afford a car once I got here. Because of that, I have had a hard time earning a living.

If I could, I'd go back to find the guy who hit me and stomp on his face until he stopped moving.
  8. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

wow, that's a tough one...but i've given it much thought and here's what i came up with...

i would go back to that day in july 2 years ago, and stop myself from drinking, stop myself from crawling under the truck and stop myself from losing my best friend!!!!!!!!!! it was good up until then, i ruined it... :unsure: :cry:

i would go back to the day that my mom started drinking and stopped her from doing it. i would've never let my friends come over and saw that.

I would go back in time and stop myself from telling my friends that i hated myself and wanted to die. I'll never be the same
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I would go back to a time shortly before my Nan got ill. I would send her to the doctors sooner. I would be ncier to her. I wouldn't cut or OD (adding more stress to her) I would look after her better. And I wouldn't have gone out that night.
  10. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

I would go back before May '06 when my father died.

I would swallow my pride, break down and cry and wrap my arms around him and tell him how much I love him and that all I ever wanted was to make him proud. I would tell him how I feel and not be so frightened that he would think I was weak... I was such a fool.

I would thank him over and over for always sacrificing for me, mama and sis. I would tell him that I know how hard he worked... and tell him that he should have taken time for himself - even though he wouldn't have.

I would apologize for not turning out the way he had hoped I would... for not finishing college... for not settling down in a 'regular' career... for always having my head in the clouds and always following my dreams...

I would tell him again, "Trust me, dad. I know what I am doing." when I decided to quit my job to be a full time musician.

I would tell him, "Please, dad... I want to hear that you love me. Are you even proud of me?" Instead of living everyday of my life never knowing how he felt.

I am so sorry, dad. I can't help it. I have to follow my heart where it takes me. Where ever you are, you know I am doing my best in this life. I will continue to take care of mama - and now sis... I hope you are smiling down on me even though I'll never know. It is the happiest thought I have. It helps me make it though the day. I will regret not telling you everything I felt in my heart forever - I will never forgive myself for that. I love you always, daddy. :cry:
  11. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

Back to 1998 and not move into hell which kicked off my problems. I might have had mood swings previous to that but that house move was the biggest regret I have!
  12. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I try not to live in my regrets because i cant time travel
    but,stay in college, and not go to Europe
  13. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

not sure really .. certainly wouldn't have chosen to go through what I did last year .. but I suppose it's helped me become more useful in a lot of ways.
  14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'd just go back to the womb and refuse to leave.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Back to before my grandma died, let her know how much I loved and appreciated her. I was a kid when she died so I didn't articulate everything then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.