1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could start your life over again...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Petal, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

What you do differently? What changes would you make? What regrets would you not have this time?

Just curious :)

Cagla, sedamDanaLjeta and Lara_C like this.
  2. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

What an interesting and thought provoking question...i think i would have listened more to my inner self rather than my parents when it came to choosing a career path...though i enjoy my profession (not my current job as seen from earlier posts)...i often wonder what i might have done instead and what paths i missed traveling down...

Sunday16 and Lara_C like this.
  3. GeminiStar

GeminiStar Well-Known Member

I don't think i can even count just how many things I'd do differently. Its easier to just say "everything".

Dawn and SillyOldBear like this.
  4. BarryW

BarryW Well-Known Member

I would reach out for help earlier.

5. ritrukr

ritrukr New Member

Yes I would. But I only hope it does not go the same route.

6. Lara_C

Lara_C SF Supporter

Knowing what I do now, I would do a lot of things differently to avoid running into trouble. Often when we understand the lessons of experience, it's too late to change anything, but I'm ok with that and don't actually have too many regrets. I kind of feel everything unfolds as it should, and the facts are ultimately kind.

Sunday16, brightlight and Unknown_111 like this.
  7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support SF Artist SF Supporter

Many things. I’d definetly get help earlier instead of masking symptoms it with medication.

na-taya, Unknown_111 and SillyOldBear like this.
  8. ritrukr

ritrukr New Member

I saw way to many friends die.<mod edit - methods> . Been on and off meds for 14 years. But still would not try it over again. Could only imagine what is in store for the 2nd time around.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  9. sedamDanaLjeta

sedamDanaLjeta SF Supporter

From this point in time I wish I would be more present and open to whatever life brings.

charley spring likes this.
  10. vsaenz

vsaenz Member

I wish I would have experience life a little more. I am young but there are a lot of things I just glided through because I was so intent on work and keeping busy to get a job. I never enjoyed the little things. I also would go back and double major to have a back up for a career something that wouldn’t put in front of people all the time. I love accounting and I wish i double majored in it.
    I guess beauty about life is that it’s not over yet. At 23, while I have established a good career, I can also go back for my master in accounting and pursue another job that might be better fit for the realities of my life.
    The biggest things is that I would have educated myself earlier on mental health. It would have saved me from years of pain. Just having a name to what I was dealing with made me feel less crazy.

11. Lulabelle

Lulabelle Forum Pro SF Supporter

I would walk home from school a different route that day. I wouldn't have dropped out of art college. I wouldn't have children - I love them more than I can ever express but it was wrong to bring them in to such a cruel world.

12. vsaenz

vsaenz Member

I empathazie with this. I fear having kids will be a regret. There is pressure all around me to have them. I don’t want them and I don’t want to have this sentiment. I can already feel the regret and I haven’t even had them. I am sorry you have felt like that abou it.

13. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

That's a tough question. I see it could go two ways. If I could do it over knowing what I know now there are a ton of things I'd do differently.

If I can't take lessens learned from this one I wouldn't want a do over. Heaven only knows I'd probably be destined to make the same mistakes I did this round. I have difficulty dealing with having gone thru what I have this time. I'd hate to go thru it all again. PTSD provides plenty enough of that as it is.

ritrukr likes this.
  14. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I would never have gone on a second date with my ex nothing I miss from that relationship

15. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take the opportunity because I know that I'd mess it up just as badly.

BarryW likes this.
  16. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

To look after my teeth and have better oral hygiene

BarryW likes this.
  17. Tired and trapped

Tired and trapped Well-Known Member

I can point to a few specific times where I would say I first "went off course" and I would like to change, but the more I think about it the more I believe I would have ended up here anyway. At this point I would prefer to have never existed.

Angel368 likes this.
  18. Deety

Deety SF Supporter

If I had the choice, I just wouldn't exist. If I was to do anything differently I wouldn't have ended up with my kids, and they are my whole world.

SillyOldBear and Angel368 like this.
  19. MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady Well-Known Member

When we moved in middle school I'd immediately befriend the nerdy smart girls! Being too cool for school was entirely non beneficial to any part of my life, and has really only negatively impacted everything thus far.

Sunday16 likes this.
  20. Behind_the_cutrain

Behind_the_cutrain Well-Known Member

Nothing. I did maaany many mistakes. But my actions brought me to who I am today. If I changed a single thing I would be a different person. Every day is a new chance and a new start on our lives. We all carry our packages.. but they involve happy times and lessons we take.the only promise i make my self is that tomorrow i will try to be better rhan yesterday. Doesnt matter if i made it. What matters is that i tried. And never. Never. Compare myself to anyone. Nobody walked on my shoes. And i didnt walk on theirs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.