If you could start your life over again...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Petal, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Winter Blues

Winter Blues SF Supporter

I would be a great mum to my children so their futures were happy
    Cagla likes this.
  2. Behind_the_cutrain

Behind_the_cutrain Well-Known Member

It is never too late. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I dont know what life had for you so far. And things may nor be perfect.
    Cagla likes this.
  3. Muriel

Muriel Active Member

I would never had said “yes”. And to those others, I wish I’d said “yes”.
    Winter Blues and sassy123 like this.
  4. Cagla

Cagla Well-Known Member

I do not know if you are already a good mom or not but this sentence shows you really really love them and care about them. So it means you are not a bad mother either. I hope I didn't hurt you but it made me think that way
    Winter Blues likes this.
  5. Cagla

Cagla Well-Known Member

for some things its late . To love myself it is not late but ...there is always a 'but' you know..
    Winter Blues likes this.
  6. JustLovely

JustLovely Wants to become a cat

I would've ended my previous relationships before they messed me up to the point where I am now
    Muriel, sassy123 and Winter Blues like this.
  7. LonelyHiker

LonelyHiker Active Member

I try not to dwell on the past/regrets, but if I could do it over, I wouldn't get married or have children. I love my son more than anything, but he deserves a better Dad than the depression-addled one that he's got. And I dread the sort of world he's probably going to wind up with...
    Winter Blues and JD4010 like this.
  8. JD4010

JD4010 Well-Known Member

Yes. That about sums it up. My daughter had to grow up around me and that must have left some scars.

I share your "optimism" about the future of this world as well.

One other thing, if I could do it over...I would never have started drinking.
  9. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Yes, I know I said I’d run away (to the circus) at 7yo and tell people I’m an orphan ;)

But on another level I wouldn’t change anything:

10. theedda

theedda Well-Known Member

Honestly, as bad as I feel about my life and myself, I don't know if I'd want to. Without the very specific events of my life, I wouldn't have met the people I care about at the right place and at the right time. Maybe I'd have another set of friends, maybe I'd have more of them, maybe I'd have a girlfriend. But I wouldn't have memories of smoking with my friends outside our dorms, staying up until 5 AM making dumb jokes and laughing. I wouldn't have been there to talk my friend out of suicide, or help calm my other friend down after he got his heart broken by a girl. And for all those memories, there's probably a hundred bad ones, and a hundred times I've screwed up. But I accept the person I am, for better or worse, and I wouldn't even be him if I had had a different life.
    sassy123 likes this.
  11. Ineluki

Ineluki Well-Known Member

I have so many regrets, and things I replay over and over in my mind with shame and regret, but I worry about my kids with this question. If I did anything differently, might I jeopardize their existence in some way?
  12. sassy123

sassy123 Chat Pro SF Supporter

I agree if I had kids that would have been my answer also but since I don’t I want a do over hugs stay safe
  13. Ineluki

Ineluki Well-Known Member

This has me thinking. I might have a solution, but not right now. Maybe tomorrow.
  14. Lilyrose1234

Lilyrose1234 Member

I want to go back and fix some things but , I also believe that those things in the past also did me some good even though it felt as it was only bad at the moment.
    I wish I hadn't been so slow and been more daring at first (not when things were disintegrating) , maybe he would still be with me if it wasn't for my stupid brain always thinking of the consequences. Now I have to live with this regret but , maybe the future holds something better , I really don't know.
  15. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I would have stayed on my meds instead of going off them like I did and then breaking up with my ex. I would be married and happy now instead of lonely and sometimes sad. But I have good friends to help me and I won't go off my meds anymore.