If you could start your life over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
If had asked me 3 or 4 years ago I would have said nothing except I would have paid attention to Dr and taken medication for high blood pressure in 30's instead of ignoring and deciding "feel okay-0 why risk a side effect when i feel fine" which lead to chronic health issues from 40's to now.
That has changed over the last 3-4 years and now I think perhaps I would have made a very significant change. Always had been able to say had no real regrets but now am regretting a big choice made many years ago.

Harmony

SF Supporter
Thanks Shar I really wish I could change what happened to the both of us. Love you too and I'm always here for you.

SofiaLisbon

I dealt with apathy and weakness for years till I found out it was a chemical problem. I had anemia which means less oxygen running in the blood and so less oxygen reaching the brain. Since then I regularly do blood tests for iron. I remember fainting once (because I was so weak) but only 2 years later I found out about the anemia and started taking the supplements.
I also started to feel more positive after taking vitamin D supplements.
So yeah thats one thing I'd try to do differently, see if the problem is chemical before assuming its something that cannot be changed.

Mozart

I am looking forward when this life, which has been absolutely miserable for me in the last 10 years, is finally over.
To go through something even remotely similar again is the last thing I would want and thankfully enough it is not going to happen.

Nothing. I was born to experience the feelings I am capable of creating, the path and the players are perfect for me to bring out the worst and the best in me. I learned I can hate and I learned I can love. And the most important lesson I have learned and still have to remember everyday is that in spite of my circumstances, I still have choice, do I create love or hate today.
I know I can't change the past, but I can change me, and what I carry into tomorrow.

I said and done many things out of anger, things that I deeply regret. Being blind to the sufferings of my loved ones. This things still haunt me. It's too late now.

Taylor M

I would change so much. I might get luck and some genius will invent time travel in my lifetime so I could go back and start from scratch.

Depressed in SF

I think I'd work harder on school and athletics. I was always good at both but never put the effort in to reach my full potential. I think, if I went back and adjusted my lifestyle at a younger age, it could carry over into adulthood in terms of having healthier habits.

Basically everything since early childhood. Every decision in my life I look back on, the choices I made at any given time, now I would do something different.

But Id probably still end up a screwed up mess with a life full of regrets anyway.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wish my Aunt and Uncle had adopted me like they were planning on doing when I was about 4 yrs old.
How different my life would have been. They all knew that my home life was not a safe place to grow up but I guess they had their reasons to not go forward with it. :(

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wish my Aunt and Uncle had adopted me like they were planning on doing when I was about 4 yrs old.
How different my life would have been. They all knew that my home life was not a safe place to grow up but I guess they had their reasons to not go forward with it. :(
Awwww hugs Kira, I am sure they loved you, ((hugs))

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't know that I could ever have changed anything.
If circumstances could be changed I would want the people who saw anything wrong to have done something instead of probably 'she'll grow out of it'.
I'd have taught myself to be present in the world and how to deal with it.
I wish I would have gotten help when I asked for it as a teen. Or asked any of the people when I was in school for help.
Being that I didn't :) It's dealing with life as it is and it's no point really regretting what I couldn't change.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow what a question. I’m not sure I know where to begin.

I would speak out about abuse (mine inc)
I would have stayed in school
I would have children later than I did
I would remove myself from situations I know to be toxic
I would remove myself from family even if they’re family
I would seek help when I know I need it
I would tell my dad I love him more

I could go one, but reading these through there’s a theme

I would take better care of ME.

I have done the opposite for so long I wouldn’t know how to change it now. But by taking care of me I would be able to lessen the detrimental impact I have on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00