If you could start your life over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFriend

I would not have dissapointed people who loved and cared for me.

I would have kids, a husband a family and friends.

I would just have loved and cared more.

NewFriend

I would have known, without the shadow of a doubt, that my life is about caring and helping others, animals and nature to prosper. I would have known and done it earlier.

I would have been honest with my parents about my feelings, and I would never have gone to see a doctor, ever. I would do my own research and treat myself, and never, ever, listen to their poisonous advice.

I would be careful to make the choices i wanted for myself and not let others choose for me. As i look back in my life i can see how much i did to please others or just to fit in and go with the flow. I have regrets in my life because i let others tell me what to do and i just did it. I never really knew what i wanted so i let others decide for me and now im just filled with regret and shame.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Nothing. I did maaany many mistakes. But my actions brought me to who I am today. If I changed a single thing I would be a different person. Every day is a new chance and a new start on our lives. We all carry our packages.. but they involve happy times and lessons we take.the only promise i make my self is that tomorrow i will try to be better rhan yesterday. Doesnt matter if i made it. What matters is that i tried. And never. Never. Compare myself to anyone. Nobody walked on my shoes. And i didnt walk on theirs :)
I completely agree. :)

Lilyfrog

I would not put any of my children through the education system and would home educated them all like I do with my youngest.
I would report to the police the incident that happened to me years ago and didn't have the strength to.then.

But there's a lot in my life I wouldn't change as they are all life experiences

I think about this a lot. I think the biggest regret I have that I want a do-over from is dropping out of sixth form. I wanted to get 3 As (I was pretty much guaranteed them if I put the effort in, too, which is the annoying part) and take History at university. I ended up getting too ill.

I'd like to say that my mistakes and illnesses have changed me for the better, and maybe one day I will have no regrets, but it's hard not to be mad at myself for refusing help and advice until it had such a massive impact on my life.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I think about this a lot. I think the biggest regret I have that I want a do-over from is dropping out of sixth form. I wanted to get 3 As (I was pretty much guaranteed them if I put the effort in, too, which is the annoying part) and take History at university. I ended up getting too ill.

The thing is though, is that you have been given another chance to take a crack at your dreams. I get the impression that what you have been through has made you stronger and wiser for it. Sometimes after a fall, one can rise to new heights!

I would try to do all of my school work better in all schools I've went to. I would try to treat my acne when I had the chance so then I wouldn't be like this now. I would do my hair natural style only for my entire school year in the eighth grade. I would keep talking to people throughout most of my middle and high school years. I would force myself to be confident and have somewhat high self esteem. There are more things, but I don't know what they are. They're in my brain and I can't get them out.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
This sounds weird but I would have insisted to be homeschooled. I feel strongly that my public school years were a huge part of my social anxiety developing as badly as it did, and that I would have been able to learn better had I not been worrying about some jerk taking unflattering pictures of me while I was listening to the teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00