If you could start your life over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I try not to dwell on the past/regrets, but if I could do it over, I wouldn't get married or have children. I love my son more than anything, but he deserves a better Dad than the depression-addled one that he's got. And I dread the sort of world he's probably going to wind up with...

JD4010

I try not to dwell on the past/regrets, but if I could do it over, I wouldn't get married or have children. I love my son more than anything, but he deserves a better Dad than the depression-addled one that he's got. And I dread the sort of world he's probably going to wind up with...
Yes. That about sums it up. My daughter had to grow up around me and that must have left some scars.

I share your "optimism" about the future of this world as well.

One other thing, if I could do it over...I would never have started drinking.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Yes, I know I said I’d run away (to the circus) at 7yo and tell people I’m an orphan ;)

But on another level I wouldn’t change anything:

theedda

Honestly, as bad as I feel about my life and myself, I don't know if I'd want to. Without the very specific events of my life, I wouldn't have met the people I care about at the right place and at the right time. Maybe I'd have another set of friends, maybe I'd have more of them, maybe I'd have a girlfriend. But I wouldn't have memories of smoking with my friends outside our dorms, staying up until 5 AM making dumb jokes and laughing. I wouldn't have been there to talk my friend out of suicide, or help calm my other friend down after he got his heart broken by a girl. And for all those memories, there's probably a hundred bad ones, and a hundred times I've screwed up. But I accept the person I am, for better or worse, and I wouldn't even be him if I had had a different life.

Ineluki

The Storm King
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have so many regrets, and things I replay over and over in my mind with shame and regret, but I worry about my kids with this question. If I did anything differently, might I jeopardize their existence in some way?

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have so many regrets, and things I replay over and over in my mind with shame and regret, but I worry about my kids with this question. If I did anything differently, might I jeopardize their existence in some way?
I agree if I had kids that would have been my answer also but since I don’t I want a do over hugs stay safe

Lilyrose1234

I want to go back and fix some things but , I also believe that those things in the past also did me some good even though it felt as it was only bad at the moment.
I wish I hadn't been so slow and been more daring at first (not when things were disintegrating) , maybe he would still be with me if it wasn't for my stupid brain always thinking of the consequences. Now I have to live with this regret but , maybe the future holds something better , I really don't know.

cymbele

SF Supporter
I would have stayed on my meds instead of going off them like I did and then breaking up with my ex. I would be married and happy now instead of lonely and sometimes sad. But I have good friends to help me and I won't go off my meds anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00