If you could would you go back into the past

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Dyno, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyno

Dyno Member

latley i often sit around and think how different my life would be if i could go back all the way to grade 6 and make different choices, i see how some of my old old friends are so happy and i sit around mostly everyday feeling miserable about me and my life.

How many others would like to go far into the past to change how you are today?
  2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I'de want to change how my past version grew up. I am what I am, to change that would be to destroy whatever I have become, whether it be good or bad in my eyes, it's still me I guess.
  3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

tbh i wouldn't a thing about me
  4. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I'd go back in time, and stop me from being born. Then anything bad I've ever done in life and anyone I've ever hurt will never happen so everyone leads a happy life. I'm currently in the process of building a molecular-transportation hyperdrive so it shouldn't be too long before you can finally sit back and say, goodbye Deathly Strikes.

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yes i'd definately go back to around five years old and start again from there.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My thought was that I would change one thing. I would tell instead of staying silent. But upon reflection, I am not so sure. I hate what happened and the effect it has had, but if i changed it i wouldn't be the person i am. Maybe I wouldn't like what I would have become either. So I guess I wouldn't change things.
  7. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

there are certain parts of my life that i would like to change, but i wouldn't be the person i am today. not that i like who i am. but to actuallly go back and change these things, i wouldn't go back and change things.
  8. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

No, it would be selfish.
  9. Blackness

Blackness Guest

i wanna live 2006 over and over
  10. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I could use one of those. :tongue: It's actually something I've always wanted.

I know that's illogical, though. I seem to mess up everything, but I do help my mom a lot, and I think my brother as well. I always figured I was here for some negative reason, but everyone has both positive and negative effects on others. As much as I hate to admit it.
  11. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Would love to go back and change a few things, better than trying to blank out my regrets.
  12. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'd only go back if I went back with the knowledge of now, cos otherwise I'd just do the same shit :laugh:
  13. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

if you had to change those things you wouldnt have gained any life experience. you cant always make the perfect choices but you learn from them. just think of all those people who have had life handed to them on a silver platter, they are very naive and insecure because they havent had any growing experiences to shape them into better people. i like who i am (generally) and i wouldnt want to change anything. sure ive done a HELL of a lot of stupid things and sometimes i have to fight off my bad memories. but its those things that are a constant reminder to never do it again.
  14. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

A day don't go by since 2002 (when depression took it's hold on me), whereby I have thought relentlessly almost obsessively about wanting to go back into the past to major turning points in my life, 5, 11 and 16 and do things a whole lot different.

One of those ages would do but theses days i'm looking more into how I was born and the genes that have been passed onto me which are the worst any person could ask for.

I got dealt a awful hand at the gene pool and the only way to fold this deck of losing cards is to commit sweet suicide but I missed a good opportunity recently so I have to wait for my next window of suitable opportunity.:mad:
  15. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I want to go back to being 16 when I was first diagnosed.
  16. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

Gone to college instead of taking care of selfish people. Avoided my abusive relationship entirely. And possibly slapped some people before I graduated high school. :smile:
  17. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'd like to go back a few years. There's plently of things I wouldn't have done....but there's one thing that I would never change :wub:
  18. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

I'd like to go back a few lifetimes... :smile:
  19. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I'd want to start life over, but only if I had what I know now..Or else I'd end up here again. :dunno:
  20. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

yes i would, i'd change somethings in that past and slap myself round the head for certain things and make sure i didn't hurt her in anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.