If you could

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by itmahanh, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

If you could would you relive your life? The twist being that you can keep all the knowledge that you have gained but can only use it to change one thing to make for a different outcome. Would you take the opportunity and if so what would the one thing be that you would change?

I would if I could change the one event that happened that would eventually be the cause of my self esteem issues. I think if I could get past that a lot of things in my life would of been much more easier and so many other issues wouldnt of sprouted up.

2. CloudCatching

CloudCatching Well-Known Member

Mmm. What a good question.

I think I would take the chance. I'd want to change a lot of things, but if I only had to choose one, I'd change the fact that I trusted a friend of my moms. If there was never any trust between us the things that happened wouldn't have. In the long run it had a horrible effect on my personality and how I view myself.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't want to bother cos i reckon I'd stuff it up again....
    too many things went wrong in my life ....need to be able to change more than one thing,,,

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't. It's not just my life i hate, it's the way society works.

5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I'd make sure I picked the right lottery numbers.

That and tell a friend to stay inside on a certain day and maybe he'd still be alive.

6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Probably no second go- round. Even if I ran away from the abuse I believe gave me my depressive and anxiety disorders I would probably have been genetically nailed by the OCD. My personality is too sensitive too. Another go-round would also have ended in tears.

7. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

I dislike dwelling on my past, but I think... If I could I would. I would prevented me from ever attempting suicide that first time, it was a huge pitfall for me for a long time. It would have prevented me from alot of pain.

But of course, you grow from those moments...

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

one thing i would have told then she would not have suffered so greatly

9. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

wouldn't stop myself from jumping out the window when i was a freshman and put an end to this mess early

10. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I would have killed myself that summer. Just ignored his message and ended it while I didn't care about anyone.

11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I'd not play in that football game back in October 2005, seems my life took a turn for the worse after that

12. Tane

Tane Active Member

I would do something seemingly insignificant while I was young, In order to change everything. To Make my whole life (and possibly the whole world) different.

13. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i have asked myself this question so many time that you would not believe but i always come to the same conclusion.

even though everything sucks, i wouldnt have changed a thing.

i fucked up with Aimee but i wouldnt have known the right things to do in the first place really so fuck it.

i still love her and wont ever forget her even though it hurts so i guess thats all i can ever ask for really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.