If you dont commit suicide, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamie20m, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

Please be kind enough to answer. I need the data. 5 years?
  2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I'll probably still be an unemployed bum.
  3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

1. in a hospital after failed attempts with damaged organs
    2. in a psych ward after my brain has crushed
    3. still home alone, with my family
    4. drunk or under drugs, home alone, but in another apartment/house, so my family cant see my suffering every day
    5. in jail or psych ward because of use of narcotics
    cant think of anything else but this few options, and none of them is good
  4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Head of faculty, trophy wife, mercedes cl65......
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I will continue to be supportive to my daughter and sister and brothers who all have schizophrenia I will be there for them I don't see help for me as too many pass issues.
  6. kmjohnson7

kmjohnson7 Member

Yikes it seems like a lot of the people responding need help. If I don't commit suicide, I see myself graduating from graduate school with a Masters in Social Work. I would like to work with kids who are dealing with mental issues (as I have) in order to show them that life has many opportunities after treatment and proper medication. I would like to get married, although I'm not sure that'll happen in five years.
  7. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I will be in school, finishing either my Law Degree or Medical Degree. I have yet to decide on which lol
  8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

In the army, if I chicken out of that then university studying language and writing.
  9. sd-239192

sd-239192 Well-Known Member

one of three places, military, in collage for mechanical engineering, or on top of a building shooting at civilians yelling something about communists.
  10. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I honestly can't see myself still being here 5 years from now. If I'm still alive then it would really surprise me, but sadly I don't see anything positive.
  11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

if I am not dead in 5 years I will still be a miserable fuck, no way around that
  12. catnip43

catnip43 Active Member

I feel the same way. My situation is so dire now that I can't imagine how I could possible get back to where I was (especially working since I've been out of work for almost 2 years). I just can't find anything positive and I have NOTHING to look forward to. The only glimpses of joy I have in my life are my cats, but unfortunately they can't save me from this doom and gloom.
  13. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Thinking about commiting suicide.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

oh,wow thats a scary thought.

I have no idea. :hiding:
  15. scorpio63

scorpio63 New Member & Antiquities Friend

In 5 years?
    Wearing permanent braces on my arthritic knees and back.
    Still taking anti-depressants and pain meds.
    Still taking stomach meds.
    Without my parents (Mom is 74 and Dad is 79 at this time). Without them to take care of I am free to do as I wish, this may not be a good thing.
    Still being denied Social Security.
    Still going to the VA hospital.
    Living alone.
    In a wheel chair?
  16. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

Probably with boxer's dementia from getting my brain rattled all these years. If not, maybe if I can keep from drinking and hurting myself or getting hurt, I might be a good MMA fighter or actually finish my graduate degree. If not, probably be just another broken down ex-fighter with a broken nose, busted knees, and nothing to show for it, working at a crappy job I hate.
  17. bright1

bright1 Well-Known Member

If I'm not dead, then it's because I found a way to support myself and someone to love who loves me back.

That's all I need. Is that so much to ask from the world?
  18. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Oh, very much the same as now. But with more work and responsibilities. Dad would probably want me to take over his company around that point also, and grandma would be too old (possibly dead) to take care of her mansion... so "someone-has-to-live-there" as my parents say - that someone would most likely be me.

How about yourself, jamie20m?
  19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

with salt+pepper hair. i'm getting loads of greys, especially when i'm stressed they all seem to come out :dunno:.
    at that time, i hope- to have got a grip on myself better and get out my anger safely/better although what im doing now is ok, i shouldn't be in the house when i do it.
  20. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

5 years? I've started my studies at the university to become a pharmacist (if I can go to school at this state, then I can go to the university. Being distracted is important to me).
    My goal is to get cured from this shit, free from relapses, but I bet I'm not at that point (5 years from now). Not yet... My doc has told me that I'll be on medication for years, even after my "cure" to prevent relapse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.