If you had $100 Billion, would you be happy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

It sure would make my life easy but happy, i don't know about that.
  2. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Easy but probably not happy
  3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

100 billion, that is all useless what can you do with that that you couldnt do with 10 million, and if I had a few hundred thousand dollars about 10 months ago I could have been happy now no amount of money would make me happy, just happier
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Less stress.

I don't think it would do much about depression. except for all the chocolate treats i could afford :). No Ramon noodles, no subpar meat, and more importantly no more having to buy tofu to replace the more expensive meat!
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My life would be worse.

I would have nothing but free time. No worries, nothing to occupy me. I'd be dead in a month.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It may relieve the financial woes I currently had, but those with large sums of money have a different set of worries. So happy? I don't think so.
  7. ScarsandHopes

ScarsandHopes Well-Known Member

I do honestly believe it would better me. And in many ways, make me happy. Although I have never asked for a free ride, per say, I think I would welcome it.

I could afford liposuction (not that I truly need it, but I might look at myself better in the mirror and be able to not suck in 24/7), I could help my family out, it might help me get into the military (my life dream =/ ), and it could really help with bills, school, gas, ect.

I might be the only one here to say it, but yes, I believe it would make me happy.. Truly bliss.
  8. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I'd invest it in scientists to find a cure for my illness, so yes.
  9. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

money from the sky like that would do no good because i don't want anything i didn't work for. idk.
  10. Unknown Thoughts

Unknown Thoughts New Member

Yes, that money would allow me to do things I want.
  11. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

It would save my life for a start. And then it would do a heck of a lot for the rest of the world. As that's what I'd use it for. Spend it on the future of humanity and helping others.
  12. Black31

Black31 Active Member

I'd spend that money on the best therapy available with the top therapists in the UK! When they've cured me (touch wood,) I'd then set up my own business/charity to help others with mental health problems. :biggrin:
  13. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Im not sure it will make me happy but it will sureley make me happyer.
    It will make things easyer thats for sure.
  14. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

100 billion? I sure wouldn't complain about it. I don't know if I'd be happier, but fuck, I'm sure I'd find a use for that money somehow.
  15. jam1e

jam1e Guest

To a degree yes!

But i could help a shit load of people out financially, that would make me happy to!!
  16. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

The cool thing is like you could buy out Darfur and then be like, "Fuck you Sedan" and buy every displaced person like a palace with clean water, electricity and ...nuclear weapons! :biggrin:
  17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No way, all the money in the world wouldn't make me happy.
  18. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Money doesn't make you happy. You could have all the money in the world and still be depresssed and suicidal.
  19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

If I only won 10 million dollars, my life would be perfect. I have a good amount of money already saved up in the bank, but a few million dollars would just make my life practically perfect. I'd get married, buy expensive vehicles and expensive houses and everything I've ever wanted. I've tried many times to win the lottery, but no success thus far. :laugh:
  20. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I don't have anything close to $100 billion, but this pretty much sums it up for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.