If you think giving tough love to depressed, suicidal people is the answer...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ldub20, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

you deserve to suffer. The only people who deserve "tough love" (if you know what I mean by that) are condescending, egotistical people. But what don't condescending, egotistical people deserve that's bad and entails suffering?

Anyway, if you think telling people "life sucks, get over it" or "show some balls" helps, you are encouraging a depressed person to feel WORSE. If you need to give somebody tough love, give a condescending egotist tough love. Tell that piece of trash "you've got flaws and are a disgrace of a human being, deal with it"! Give those people tough love and make them suffer!
  2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we are here to help you buddy. whats going on
  3. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Tough love isn't the answer, I agree 100%. When people is depressed to the point of being suicidal, we need understanding and patience about our mental and emotional state. People who don't and won't understand how we feel cannot possibly help. A physician can't treat nor help a sick person if he doesn't knows shit about the illness, it is just the same with patological mental and emotional states. We understand here. I understand because there's people who's told me to show some balls, so you're not alone. We are here for you. If you want to talk, feel free to message me.
  4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

(((((dubby))))))) a lot of people care about you
  5. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I think you also can understand how people can get tired of someone not actually receiving any advice, not doing anything to help him/herself, refusing any idea that might help, those people tired of seeing you going through the same thing again and again and again without seeing you even Wanting to get better or doing something in that direction. I've been in both situations.
    (just to show the other side of the coin)
    People normally do that out of exhaustion of any other solution.
    I'm not saying it's a good thing, only ... human.
    Just an opinion.
  6. maths

maths Well-Known Member

I agree, LDub! I try to reach out to my family members, and all I get back is tough love. Yes, I know I'm worthless and pathetic for not being able to get myself out. I know. I am worthless and undeserving. I know.
  7. DatAlgorithm

DatAlgorithm Well-Known Member

I agree whole-heartedly... it's so sad how nobody will even stop to think about such things...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.