If you thought that your spouse/significant other was cheating what would you do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Sep 8, 2010.

If you thought that your spouse/significant other was cheating what would you do?

1. Nothing I trust them completely.

2. Hire a private investigator to follow them.

3. Confront them about your suspiscions.

4. Go into to a frenzy until they tell you the truth.

5. Pretend like nothing happened.

6. Do the same as them and cheat with someone.

0 vote(s)
  7. Go on Jerry Springer to confront that cheating bastard.

8. Threaten them.

9. Others. (please specify)

1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

^ like the title asked :rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Uh, take up drinking, take a few too many sedatives, trigger a seizure that breaks my back and fail out of university.

True story.
  3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I would confront him.

But then again, I'm naturally a confrontational person.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'd confront him.
  5. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Contront them, but then again I have such experiences with being lied to, why would I believe them?
    I also have a tendency to invade online accounts and chat logs when I'm really fucking paranoid.
    I'm never usually paranoid about cheating though, usually other things.
  6. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Shit Happens.
  7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I had my suspicions somewhere around the 2-3 year mark...
    I asked him what was going on and he assured me that he wasn't doing anything bad-- he just needed some space and time with his friends. Things were changing and he was having trouble coping with his homelife; so I didn't blame him.

After being with him for 7 years, I probably wouldn't have even cared if he cheated on me. I was always more prone to talking things over and resolving problems/working on the relationship than pointing fingers and yelling and screaming... -___- that's probably why he did such a crappy stunt when he decided he wanted to break up with me. Because I would've convinced him to keep working on it- but he wanted nothing to do with me, I guess.

I don't know about my next relationship. If I do ever make it that far and decide to start dating again, I guess I won't know what I'd do if I thought he might be cheating on me- until the time came.
    I do own a baseball bat-- but it's reserved to smashing zombie heads in, not bad boyfriend's cheating faces.
  8. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I laughed after I read that!
  9. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

im some what tempted to say 'id wake up, cause this would only happen in a dream'

but i wont, dont know what id do as ive never been in that situation, or any situation that would make me think those thoughts
  10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

been there - done that...

I would investigate myself because I couldn't afford a PI..

what I did was ask him and of course he lied and I believed him...until a friend told me what he was up to...apparently everyone knew but me
    so then I went on an investigation....straight to the other woman...

Oh man! ...being cheated on nearly killed me..

I did think of a bug in his phone and in hindsight should've done it...
  11. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I'd ask them, flat out.
  12. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Same as above.
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

If I suspected, and we were in an agreed monogamous relationship ..I'd ask that person about it, see why they did it and what was bothering them at the time. TBH it isn't a big deal to me if that person wasn't deeply in love and in a relationship with someone and they said they felt the same way about me, I'd be hurt/confused and thinking WTF is going on.. :mellow: But if it was some drunken bullshit one night stand then really it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  14. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Talk about it, decide what they want to do. Call it quits if that's what they want if not forgive them. If I love someone I am willing to forgive a mistake. If they want to continue to do so then I would leave them.
  15. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Stalk them until I have proof [photos, videos, etc.] then confront.
    Or hire the personal investigater and get proof then confront.
  16. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

id just ask them, but i could put up with someone cheating on me just to have someone at the moment...
  17. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

i would trust them. if you cant trust the person, why be in a relationship with them??
  18. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Id just leave. I dont trust people, all smiles until they get what they want then they show there true colours.
  19. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I don't trust people as it is, especially women in an intimate situation like that. I have no desire to ever be in an intimate relationship, so if it goes as I like this question won't apply to me.
  20. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Confront them about your suspiscions. 14 56.00%

Have happen some times now and I am always on guard so I can get whats MINE! Oke, sometimes I've lost but I keep going while I'm strong...