If you want to end it do it right!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello my real name is Nicole, and I suffered most of my life from depression, and suicidal thoughts, attempts, and desires. I wanted my life to END and to END for good. Well I can tell you this. I did. I ended the life I used to cling to in desperation, and comfort. I no longer believed the lying thoughts that I was a no body, and that I was better off dead. There is someone right now, right here that wants and loves ME imperfect and all and that person is Yahweh and he sent me Yahshua [birth name of Messiah] his son to help me to learn the truth. He came to me while I was at my lowest point and offered me a new life. I had tried everything else to cope, and deal with the life I was living, and I was let down time and time again. So I chose to turn to him, and to follow him to life. I turned away from drugs, a destructive relationship, and the life I only knew to follow him, and I do not regret it. Immediately things started to look up for me. I knew that whatever he offered had to be better than what I was going through, and you know what? I was right. Yahweh is here for all of you, and through his son we can and will be lead to life. Turn away from your life. End it the right way, drop all the negative lies that bring you down. Turn to the light, leave the gates of death. You matter! You are loved more than you know. You have a purpose!! Yahweh has enlightened me on all of this and more. He has blessed me with the life I never dared to even fantasize about. He is not stingy with blessings! Your new life awaits you. Turn to him as I have, and tell him how you feel. Forget what you thought you knew about him, and allow him to lead you to the truth. Give all your cares, worries, and fears to him. He is the Rock! Lean on him, and you will never be let down. I have been enlightened on so much! He has given me LIFE! Come join the living my friends! You deserve it. You are wanted, and needed! I would be honored to call you friends. Everyone needs friends, and I can tell you that I can offer that much on my part. I no longer suffer! I have piece of mind! I have peace! Please before you give up on life forever. Give him your life, and allow him to show you what living truly is.I have and I am so grateful and I am so happy. To know JOY, and LOVE is what I always wanted. To know peace, and to know acceptance is amazing! Please be my friend, and give Yahweh through his son Yahshua a chance. Blessings..

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

More preaching?

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I skipped the whole thing and read the last bit....".....Yahweh..." And I'm like "Ugh /facepalm"

Lol. XD

4. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I recognize that you are posting this with good intentions, but I just wanted to say that it might be worth your knowing that such a message can have the opposite effect. In the hospital, after an attempt, a woman was sent in to watch me until the doctor could see me. She started to preach to me and it was one of the most hurtful and painful experiences I have ever had...including the decision to end my life about an hour previous. What hurt was that she was not willing to just listen to me and be on my level, but rather wanted to teach me as though from above. I had a history with the church, and had chosen a different path, but my discomfort (even in such a time) did not mean as much to her and spreading her own message. Because of that, unless I am unable to choose, if I ever end up attempting suicide again I will NOT seek out any kind of medical help.
    That said, I also know that this may touch some hearts and am very grateful for the love you have for other human life. Please treat this note just as a gentle warning not to let the message outrun its actual purpose.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Nicole. Congratulations on finding strength in Yahweh (God). I also fully believe that people need to have a strong faith component in their lives in order to help give them strength to deal with the challenges of daily life. Unfortunately, many people suffering with depression and suicidal thoughts have given up on God, because they believe that God has failed them or doesn't exist. But one must remember the 'Footprints' poem when the man thought that God had abandoned him, but it was during those moments that God carried him. :hug:

6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I have to agree with the peep above me^^^^ if it helps one person then it is worth having it here and so be it, but me no sorry.

different strokes for different folks and all that.

7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It's sunday already? :blink:

8. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

nope my breathe doesn't smell of beer and a 1000 fags and I haven't trod in any leftover kebab yet.....:smoke::guiness:

9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello, and thank you for responding so nicely to my post. I too used to feel this way. I used to think all kinds of things about Yahweh, but the truth is I did not know him. Once I gave him a chance to show me his truth, and I learned about him. I found that I was wrong in my assumptions. Yahweh did not fail me. He has answered every question I have ever had, and more. I know HIM for him, and I can tell you that he is not like anything I used to judge him as. I am not a Christian, I am a Child of Yahweh. He will enlighten EVERYONE of EVERYTHING if they forget the lies they think they know of him, and allow him to teach them HIS truths,and allow him to share his Wisdom. I used to be a satanist. A hard core satanist at that. I did everything to prove my hate for him with words and actions. So I hope no one makes assumptions about me. I know who I serve and I know who I used to serve. Since he still loves me despite of everything I have done to anger him, there is hope for anyone. Blessings..

10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

If a few pretty words can fix one's life then I would dare to say they've not real problems.

Also, pushing religion on the vulnerable is nothing short of predatory, and I find that despicable.

11. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Oh dear here we go again, yet more preachings from a non-existant entity.

I have trouble with the concept of giving yourself over completely that has no factual evidence whatsoever. Im gonna start a new religion if thats the case, its called the religion of the crusty underwear.

Bow down to it, take in the healing powers and it will cure you :lol!:

12. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Some people here need to stop being assholes to the OP...

If your not religous, like myself, then move on, no need to make smart ass comments... religion does help some people cope with their problems... so if it works for them, just let it be, no need to say "oh dear, not another preacher" etc.

13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I am sincerely confused on how this could even be a assumption. <edit: preaching> I used to suffer from all of this, and I do not any longer. Wouldn't you also want to share what helped you if you no longer suffered? People come on HERE for REAL help. Help that doesn't require a label, and drugs to help them 'cope' and to 'deal' with their issues. <edit: preaching> Also pretty words did not help me, and you have no idea what problems I have had. Everyone suffers you are no different. A real being helped me. YAHWEH, and he has freed me. I am sharing my testimony, which I have a right to. Blessings..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  14. Kaos General

Ah i see, so we arem'ty allowed to voice our opinions on said subject? And i find your use of the word asshole towards me quite offensive. I am no such thing, i maybe a tit though :cazza:

15. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

If you want to voice your opinion on the subject of religion, then create another thread and discuss YOUR opinion...

The OP is just trying to help people, and even though I don't agree with her method, I respect her intentions of trying to help people. She created a thread to help people, if it's not a method of which you are interested in, move on, why criticize her?

If she ends up helping one person on here not kill themself, then I say its worth it...

16. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

The truth is, the evidence you seek CAN be given to you, but you would have to get over yourself and admit that maybe you do not know half of what you think you do. As it is written, "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:9 I can vouch for this. Once I got over myself and humbled myself I became teachable. Now I know everything my heart desires, and more. I do understand how hard it is to do just that though. The human ego is a terrible thing. Mock if you will, but you just prove what I say to be right. I pray when you are tired of misery, and depression you remember my words. Blessings..

17. Kaos General

Because unless you have missed something this is a public forum. If you create a thread expect criticism especially as its in the SOAP BOX FORUM. I dont appreciate being told people are not allowed to comment because they dont agree with a thread

18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Again you are feeding nothing but false hope to the vulnerable. Despicable.

If self delusion gets you through your life whatever, I don't really care as it doesn't affect me.

But when you try to get others who will question and think about this stuff they will do nothing but fall hard when they realize it's just another basket of fake promises from "insert savior here".

Good intentions or not, this type of shit only hurts people.

19. Kaos General

Agreed

20. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Please keep nasty comments to yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.