If You Were God, Could You Do A Better Job?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Winslow, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

If you were God, could you do a better job? And so what would you do? The answer is not as simple as it seems. Because first of all, a good God would allow freedom of choice for us humans. And with that freedom of choice comes the choice to do Evil. And with that Evil comes suffering.

As for me, if I were God, I would at least prevent hurricanes, tidal waves, and earthquakes that kill off millions of innocent people. As it is, God is doing a terrible job of that.
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

im not god, i dont want to be him since he doesnt exist.
  3. Necromanti

Necromanti Well-Known Member

If I was God, then I would bring about the end of the world and possibly initiate its rebirth. Something flashy, for sure.
  4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

if i was god the world would be a much better place, i know that
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

God no (lol).

No no, I couldn't do a better job, because that would mean interfering in peoples lives and I believe once you meddle you're in for a whole world of trouble! The world might be in a state but that is our doing, and blame shouldn't be placed elsewhere, especially not on a supernatural being, possibly of our own making.
  6. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

if i were god i would make sure everyone had a good education.
  7. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I would pretty much join this whole world into one "state" I guess you could say. Same laws for everyone.
  8. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. At first I thought "I'd expose myself to the world to bring peace about it" but then I'd realize by exposing myself everyone would expect my help and there is no way I could help anyone... I think if a God did expose himself it would make a finite religion and a sense of unity for everyone to believe in, but then again not everyone would believe...

I dunno if I'd do better... TBH I don't know what exactly God is doing... or if there is a God.
  9. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

sounds like too much responsability to me.
  10. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

If God was actually real? Probably not. I'd probably make this world a hellhole for everyone stuck in it, just because I'm God and I can. :police:
  11. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but as a Satanist, I am going to put MY input in here. So DON'T give me shit for it.

God doesn't exist. If he did, why is there weather that kills? takes people away from there families? when he apparently "loves" all humans.
  12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Why do people always act like God interferes with our lives?

I believe in God - although not a Christian God or any other God from an organised religion - but I don't believe God has anything to do with what goes on here on earth. I just believe this God put us here and will take us out. That's it.

People always say how can God kill babies or let people starve.
    PEOPLE let people starve. You wanna shit on anybody. Shit on people.
  13. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

so..you don't believe i god but you believe in satan? hmm.
  14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry I don't beleive in god.. I beleive in the spirit world..
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'd make better drugs. And I'd make them grow on trees.
  16. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

If there are gods, which I waffle on from time to time, then I don't believe it's their job to watch out for humanity. I think it's a little bit arrogant to think that we should have divine baby-sitters to make sure we don't encounter any real strife in the world, what good would that do us? As much as it hurts and as difficult as it is, people need adversity to force them to react and evolve and I think that, if there are gods, they expect us to be able to stand on our own two feet while they attend to whatever gods do. While our species was young, we might have needed more interferance, like toddlers, but eventually we got old enough to more or less take care of ourselves and now we're expected to do so. When disaster strikes, it's not the gods hurting or neglecting people, it's just the impersonal mechanism of the world at work.

But even so, if I was in charge of the universe, I think I'd rescind that no faster than lightspeed thing and pop in every so often to go "You getting on alright? Okay, see you next millennium."
  17. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

I think I could do a couple things to make it better without messing with free will.

Like I would make the planets and sun bigger, so there would be more room. Earth is getting kind of small for all of us. Besides, we would think it was scientific and all on nature :)

Also I would wipe out disease...

I think I would throw in a few more miracles since it's been a few thousand yrs since the last one. We have TV, radio and newspapers now so it would be instant recognition and not thousands of years of telephone changing it.

I know it would be hard because if they did expose him/herself there would be people who would press Gods power, push em away and try to fight em for some reason. Maybe he could just show us a glimpse of Heaven and Hell. I think it would change perception real quick.

At least make his presence known. I know life would be lived a lot differently if I had knowledge, like hard facts of life after this.
  18. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

Ashes Away, that is actually a popular misconception (probably because the name is misleading itself) but Satanists don't believe in God/Devil. It is believing in yourself, that we are the masters of our destiny and that there is no higher power. At least... that's what I was told by a Satanist a few years ago. I could be horribly wrong :)

Having said that, God gives us free will (I'm not a believer myself in higher beings and the Bible but I don't knock it either) so he doesn't control anything if that is the case. Sometimes I think maybe he left us here to fend for ourselves for a bit and then died himself. That and life is supposed to be a giant lesson, lessons for our souls or something so why would God intervene with any of it? We will never know :)
  19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter