If you're in a relationship..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Undone, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undone

Undone Active Member

and you're seriously considering suicide how should you go about the breakup? I don't want to do it while I'm still dating someone, I would like to create some distance so maybe it wouldn't be as hard on them. What's a good amount of time? 1 - 2 months? At the same time I'm afraid to breakup and then the universe throws me a curve ball and I finally get better. Little does he know his mere presence in my life and the fact that we have plans tomorrow is keeping me alive tonight.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

There is no good amount of time. Time should be spent planning for getting better. What methods are you using to attempt to bring wellness or a life positive solution to your situation?
  3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Uhhh I'm probably not equipped to properly answer this, since my relationship is what is currently driving me to thoughts of suicide. If he is what is keeping you alive tonight, isn't he alone worth living for? I know people say you should never base your happiness on others... but if there is someone in your life who makes you happy, or at least less suicidal... shouldn't you try to keep that person in your life?
  4. EisNayk

EisNayk Well-Known Member

let this person you are with know how you are feeling. if they truly love you they will stop at nothing to hold onto and to try to make you feel better. if the person I loved ever told me they wanted to kill themselves because they was feeling the way they did I would hold them tighter then ever before I would cry with them and stay by there side I would do whatever I had to so I could keep them with me and feeling better. I would love them for better or for worse.
  5. LiamD

LiamD New Member

I dont any of us are going to answer that, were here to talk and help best we can, but were hardly going to help you make your plans, maybe you need to tell him he is the only thing keeping you alive tonight? Share it with him, and try not to make plans, im sure he would want to know how you feel and be their for you through this, if your happy with him (I know your obviously not happy overall) but if he is a flicker of hope in your life dont let him go, coz it wont be better without him, take care.
  6. tomg

tomg New Member

There is no possible way to time suicide so that it doesn't cause a lot of pain to others

Even when we're thinking "They're better off without me" or "No one would care if I'm gone," it's simply our head refusing to think rationally
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.