If you're in the UK, why are you still awake?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

Since thursday I've been sleeping during the days and waking up at night. Dunno why. I have school tomorrow but I'm not tired.

Why are you still awake at this time?

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I used to be really regular in my sleeping pattern until I got depressed. Since I started taking meds it's just been all over the place day or night but never more than a few hours at a time. Stopped the meds last week in an attempt to bring it back to normal a bit. Still a bit erratic though.

3. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

Is the same for me at the moment, im a night owl.... but cant even get to sleep much in the day x

4. Insomnia.

You know Muslims believe if they see their own face in their dream they die in their sleep?

I am not Muslim but a very good friend is and they told me.

Sorry off topic, yea can't sleep cause I am a freak.

5. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

i get 3-4 hours sleep max, and i feel fine wen i wake up, tis still early yet!

6. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

My nan told me and other relative sthat if you die in your dream you die in real life. And everytime I almost die in my dream it skips to something else or I wake up so I thin it's true :blink:

Same, I came home from school and went to sleep at 6pm cos I was tired. I woke up at 2am.

7. NPNS

NPNS Well-Known Member

I'm weird. I sleep maybe 1-2 hours each night during the week, then sleep most of my weekends away. Strangely, I never feel tired till I wake up on a Saturday!

8. bornfree

bornfree Guest

I am actually tired but I am addcited to one of my form of entertainment: music.
    Music coming from my PC.
    Plus the wonderful crazy world of the Internet, of course.
    I work really late, ending up with only a few hours to wind down before bed time. Hence why I am still awake.

Trouble is the morning.
    Since I am not a morning person and I never will be, I have serious difficulties getting up in the morning.
    Plus I recently got this bad heel spur making it worse standing up in the morning as it hurts especially as soon as I wake up...
    Bummer.

Anyway, I don't envy those early birds, full of energy type of people.
    I am happy with my night owl condition :wink:

9. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

it's... 00:29
    i'm awake because i'm still buzzing from the gig i went to earlier
    :biggrin:

10. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I've stopped drinking this week (for a week day 4)as my liver has been hurting chronically and if I bend over in the morning it feels as if I've been kicked in the kidneys. Drink is my sleeping medication I' m used to the swirling mists of **** that goes around my head but if I'm blitzed I'll drop off anyway.......Not so at the mo I tried to go to bed earlier but the horrors bought me back round so here I am............whinge ....moan as usual but that's all I feel like spouting. Bring xmas and new year on which will be awful but I will be smashed through it. Bring on the liver function test.....not.

11. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I don't know. I slept a lot last night so I don't feel tired. I don't sleep a lot these days.:mellow:

12. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I'm up! Mainly due to a chest infection and non stop coughing though!!!!:laugh:

13. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

stressed out....can't sleep or get myself to relax or anything

14. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Same as above.
    stressed out, too much on my mind.

15. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I seem to have lost the knack.

16. mufc89

mufc89 Member

just got back from stoke.. cant get no sleep

17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Not in the uk, but in the same timezone, cant sleep!

18. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

just can't sleep:dry:

19. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

A hyperactive mind,that carnt relax and too many worries and sadness,that keeps me awake.

20. NPNS

NPNS Well-Known Member

I'm guessing I can't sleep because I'm too scared of the nightmares waiting for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.