Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by morfea, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I was asking myself these questions a few days ago:
    If there is hell and suiciders go to hell, I'll have a very good company there,
    if there is reincarnation and I am to be reborn as an animal there's a good chance it will be much better experience then being a human, and if I come back as a human it can't be much worse then this,
    if there is nothing after death, what more could I ask for?,
    if what I beleive in is true and I do get to see where the infinity ends, what a joy!, why am I waiting?

So, I keep telling myself that the ONLY reason I am alive are my children.

But, I wonder sometimes what will happen IF I get to see my grandchildren, will they be my 'excuse' to go on living after my kids don't live with me any more?
    It's as if I'm finding reasons to justify my own existence to myself, as if deep down I'm not all that convinced that it is ok to commit suicide. My mother's catholicism may have more influence on me then I thought. Or, it may be just the basic instinct of survival - staying alive, that struggles somewhere in me with my wish to see where the infinity ends.

Now, I really don't want that the people who feel suicidal right now take this the wrong way, but I think that all of us who wish to die actually cry for help, because we don't have anybody else to ask for help. I know that in those darkest moments I feel as if nobody can help me, I feel that NO person could do or say anything to convince me to continue living, but those moments, hours, even 2 weeks it lasted once, pass.

The dilema is still here, in my mind, I'm not sure what I would prefer, what I would do if I didn't have the kids. I'm just trying to say that we have to be ABSOLUTELY sure we want to do it, before it's too late.
    Somebody posted (I am sorry, can't rememeber the name now) what a horrifying moment it is when he almost commited suicide and realized at the last second he didn't actually want to do it. I think he was lucky indeed.
  2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I always think about reincarnation and the like. The problem is I also have this fascination with the end of the world and so on(sounds rediculous I know lol). I'd think it would be a lot cooler being reincarnated as an animal(then again I would hope I don't get hunted by a human lol) but it would be interesting to be reincarnated as a human. I always imagine what it's like to be reincarnated...when you 'cross over' would you have any recollection of your previous life? Or would you just march on through the day making the best of your life? It's kinda weird when you could have been someone else previously...but you just can't remember!:laugh:

And yea, it'd be sad to commit suicide and at the last second you never felt like dieing(second thoughts). So you end up dieing not wanting to die...that's the way it should be but in the wrong circumstances :(.
  3. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

it's one of those things that can never be answered, unfortenately.

it's just best that they not be worried about, i suppose, seeing as the only way to find out is to die, but i'm not sure it's quite worth it.
  4. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

There is for you what you believe there is. If you believe there is nothing, there is nothing.
  5. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

7. morfea

8. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

*smiles at morfea* :IrishDoll:

Feel free to add me as a friend in the short or long distance future.
  9. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I always think about death and after-life, so I know exactly where you're coming from.
  10. morfea

Me too, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have another one -
    if dreams are as real as the reality, what if I am dreaming my whole life?
    There is a book actually "Life is a dream", until I discovered it I thought I was the only person crazy enough to think something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.