Ignorance and disrespect

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by thehollow, Jul 7, 2007.

1. thehollow

thehollow Member

I'm tired of the disrespect many human beings show to one another based on their color, creeds, sex, opinions, or beliefs. I'm sick and tired of it. I believe it's the main reason that's keeping the human race from progressing forward socially. I'm an atheist myself, but I still respect other people's beliefs. I don't push my beliefs onto other people, as many extremists from these systems of beliefs have. Millions have died because of the extremists that feel the need to push their religion, agenda, or belief. Many horrible events have stemmed from these causes... the forced slavery of Africans, the Crusades, the mass killing and slavery of Native Americans (including re-location), several wars, the Holocaust, the Great Leap Forward, mass genocides, including the ones in Darfur, and continuing tensions between differences we still see today. Just looking at this list makes me cry about how many innocent human beings have died because of other selfish humans. Why are some of us so ignorant to just accept the fact of differences? Why do these tensions still exist, even in our modern-day society? I ask these questions to myself almost every day.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's pretty pathetic isn't it. Not to say that all people are like that cuz there not but it seems like those in power tend to be self centered. It's funny cuz if we as humans can't deal with these issues then there no chance of any major social developments. But you know something, with the bad, there is also the good. It's just for some reason bad events and things seems to be on the news soo much more than good things.

What matters is that as long as your not like that, then there's always hope.
  3. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

There is hope! I know we will progress to a decent point one day.
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

luckily, you can solve the problem though small steps, if you feel up to it