ignorance skills

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by sunshinesblack, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

so am wondering for quite a while about knowledge vs ignorance
    i see people praise knowledge and than...... i see people use ignorance pretty effectively
    Basically i feel like the more ignorant people r the more happy they r and they r ignorant in the first place cause thy can afford it. If they have issues they start with the knowledge routine.
    I have a hard time trusting people that praise knowledge and feel they have their issues they r hiding/ denieing (personal experience)
    was wondering am i the only one with this outlook.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. It's a little incoherent.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss, until it goes up in flames.

Could you give us an example? And honesty is slightly different to ignorance/refusal to gain knowledge.

4. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

cant say i agree with you on this. ignorant people make me want to bash their heads in when they think they know more on a subject than knowledgeable people.

5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

You should pity ignorant people. For they have a smaller mental capacity than others :).

:laugh:

6. sunshinesblack

oh, damn

guess i really am the only one with this experience here...there would be alot to narrate about, guess its about social fights and class (and stuff not being what it seams) maybe i should write a novel lol

but anyway i heard the sintagm "ignorance skills" and made me feel am not the only one with this perception...bumer

I think arrogance and intentionate ignorance go hand in hand.

there r alot of ways one uses them, including acting always happy and like u have no idea of any issues/not interested (wilst being busy hideing ur own shit like woha) And yah they r ignorance skills cause u r trainng ur mind to not perceive certain stuff thet is not of practical/egotistical interest to you.

I dont agree its for mentally reduced people cause i know from experience people extreamy inteligent (school, high IQ, etc) do it . Its more like linked to caracter and education.

7. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hi there, long time no talk to, I hope things have been going well for you.

Im not sure I understand either but I will put my 2c out there anyway, lol.

I keep myself in ignorance stage sometimes I choose to ignore everything around me because for me its to hard to focus on things at times. For me its kinda like watching someone self medicate on drugs than to live in reality, its just easier that way for them.

8. sunshinesblack

yah i guess that qualifyes to some extent

but was refering about people doing this to advance socially, like make up rumours of others thet everyone likes to believe and stuff like that

9. doityourself

Well you know alot of people live off of drama, and if there is no drama they feel like theyre life is to boring and depressing. My family and alot of my childhood friends turned out like this, shame really, I think deep down its not who they are but once they get satisfaction from acting like this then it becomes natural to them.

Sunshine, I think the biggest thing for you is to ignore others ignorance, dont let their short comings affect you and get under your skin. They dont know you like that, and they dont live your life, you do so only your thoughts and feelings count when it comes to your life.

Hope your well!!

10. sunshinesblack

yah if only it would be that simple
    i feel like i have to fight literally with the whole world, ignoreing does not work when people hate u
    and cant tell how many prefere drama or just fear and try to stay away by acting like they r required to (seen some really ridiculous atittude changes)
    And yah am preatty shure everyone around me is/was like that and the ones thet r not r kept away :(

11. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss. What you don't know won't
    HURT you. Knowledgeable people do suffer more.
    They are aware of how painful the world can be.
    But..as said above.. Its better to be aware and
    Deal with the pain anyways. Otherwise being
    Ignorant can be a false sense of security.
    The world is still painful regardless. When your ignorant,
    your just oblivious to it.
    Its not the entire truth of things. A half truth.
    It will be more painful when they are forced to open their eyes.
    Rather than just knowing from the start and being stronger
    for it. And knowing how to handle it.

12. sunshinesblack

i get what you mean but am not shure i agree
    maybe its the social context im in, but i see knowlegable people .....in more pain then ingnorants will ever be, to much pain is not good (fact of life) and i have a feeling people thet embrace it had a hurtfull history thet made them hold on to "reality" rather than gather the skills to change it if u get what i mean.
    Shure graspig reality is good but i see people doing it have a bad start they need to overcome and may never catch up with the happy/lucky stupids

13. doityourself

You cant judge a book by its cover, if you walked up to me today, you would never know that Im depressed, that Im not happy and that I think of suicide every single day if not every hour of my life.

We all put up our fronts, we all choose differantly how we want the world to view us. It may be thats the way they choose to be seen or heard.

BUT if I can say one thing about the people in my life when I was your age, I know none of them now, I dont see them, I dont talk to them, nothing!!

14. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I know what the OP is saying. The OP is saying that you can't have knowledge and happiness too. You can't have your cake and eat it too without suffering ill effects that result from indulgence. Knowledge is the cake. Same deal. With knowledge comes responsibility and stress. With knowledge comes suffering and insecurities. The more we learn the more aware we become of our vulnerabilities.

That's what the OP is saying. Now, is it true? I don't know. You can't rule out that maybe we're missing a bit of crucial knowledge that will solve a lot of our problems and by bathing in ignorance we're prolonging the pain.

I've always felt knowledge is important and shouldn't be run from. But then again, there're some things in our world we can't change even in our lifetimes. There's suffering all across the world and inside ourselves that we can't alleviate because we're not all powerful.

In times like that when you feel powerless and unable to make things better, read this:

" God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I can;
    and the wisdom to know the difference. "

And to everyone in my life that I have hurt because I have hidden inside my cocoon to shield myself from the world and its pains I am sorry. I am disgusting for doing it. I wish I were a better human that could cope more effectively.

And when I think about all the of poor people in the world that live in poverty and in disease and in ignorance and in want, I do not know what to do about it. Almost 2 billion people live without electricity. A further billion or more live with unreliable electricity. And then even those who do have electricity can still live in poor conditions. The rich nations, in some part, have the poor nations to thank for cheap labor and lax environmental laws. So we both employ and exploit, but then again, the poor countries could have or should have said something. If they're willing to work unhealthy hours for low wages and their governments are willing to pollute their land and waters, then they're at least complicit and the rich nations are not the only wrongdoers in that circumstance.

But then I come around full circle. Maybe it's not something we can change. My thoughts are that there will always be exploitation and wrongdoing because some of it's outside of our control. We can temper it, we can cope and moderate, but we can't eliminate. So we have to learn to accept some things like this that cannot be wholly and completely changed. This is just one example.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.