Ignored and triggered

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Apr 27, 2016.

1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

I'm having suicidal thoughts right now. I made a thread on here and didn't get any responses, good thing that the thread got deleted. Than to top if off I got ignored by my family tonight and that just topped the cake. My mother talked right over me and yet again I feel like I don't matter to my family. Now I'm thinking I'm being ignored on here as well, I feel like pushing everyone away right now. I'm triggered by being ignored and now I have so many negative and angry thoughts going on through my head. I love who I am as a person and I won't change for anyone....but due to this trigger I'm very depressed, angry and thinking that dying is the way to go right now. Anytime I'm ignored by anyone, it brings back so many horrible memories of when I used to be ignored. Right now I feel like doing something destructive or hurting myself in some way, and I'm fighting with myself so much right now.... and death keeps racing through my mind.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please don't hurt yourself. *hug* Just want you to know that I read your post, and I care. You aren't being ignored here.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* Keep yourself distracted.
  4. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Yeah, feelings of abandonment are painful and triggering for sure. Do not hurt yourself no matter how loudly your mind is telling you to. You matter and who you are is perfect. Remember that
  5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm so sorry you feel ignored hun. It's an awful feeling.

I am sorry if I may have skipped your thread by mistake, I assure you it was not meant on purpose.

Know you can always write to me if you want to talk. I might not always be online but I will get back to you.
    You are important. And you don't deserve the pain

Please don't hurt yourself. Be kind to yourself, that's what you deserve!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am sorry you felt ignored. There are lots of reasons why people don't respond to a post such as not knowing what to say, being triggered themselves etc... But please know you aren't being ignored here purposefully, this site is full of wonderful amazing people and I am here for you if that means anything. I care about what you are going through if you ever need to talk feel free to drop me a PM hun!! x
  7. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

The thread was about me getting raped....so yeah I can understand why some people wouldn't respond to that. I just got very upset by that and last night I felt horrible. It was the first time I ever openly talked about it to anyone in awhile and anytime my threads get ignored I feel as if people don't care. Know this may not be the case but whenever it happens I'm not thinking straight and all I feel is pure pain and sadness at the moment.
  8. I completely understand the feeling of being ignored, overlooked and forgotten. It happens to me when I am in the same room even when I am talking by my family, friends, teachers and pastors. Like I am invisible. I don't know why I am so forgettable. I find it triggering too. When it happens I just want to die so that I don't have to feel that pain anymore and it make me feel like I am a burden to others.

I know it is hard to resist but don't hurt yourself it does not help anything and makes matters worse even. I also self harm so I know. Long term it only makes things worse.

Stay strong. Keep hope. You are important.
    shania likes this.
  9. I am very sorry to hear that someone violated you like this. It angers me.

It is a very sad thing to have to survive through, you are worth fighting for though . Please believe in yourself, and in something deeper than the pain and anxiety/sadness that you are currently enduring. I have deep hope for you that things will get better in your life.

I'm dearly concerned for you, and I want you to know I think your a good person , I think your brave and strong aswell. I am sorry that you had a hard time getting feedback from your previous post, I'm sending you my love and care, and I hope that your days will get better and brighter.

Please just know that I'm reaching out to you as are the others on this forum, I sincerely offer you my dearest empathy & sympathy to you and your family, in hopes that they can help you pull through this ordeal, and hopefully stay strong together.

I wish you the best.
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Being a survivor of something like this on top of peoples reactions can be traumatic itself and conpounds to more issues. Am sorry you had to endure this it is not an easy topic to talk about for anyone let alone a survivor. Not everyone knows how to say it right or say the right words without making it worse so people just assume not to respond so they don't inflict further damage on the person.

You are entiled to create whatever thread but give people time to process this information and give you their feedback instead of a hasty unthoughtful response making it more worse....as this isn't a time limit on this forum when threads expires. Each one of us including you deserve some real feedback. Please keep posting and continue to heal from this as its not easy at all. Sending you postive vibes your way
  11. johnmichigan

johnmichigan New Member

Im 45. I'm also hated, ignored, unwanted by my whole family. My parents, brother, nephews, cousins, etc want nothing to do with me. I told my father I was suicidal and he called me 1 time in 5 weeks. Hes runs a veterans museum. I believe he wishes I would have been killed in the gulf war so He would have more political clout. Hes my only family for 400 miles, and on my birthday last year he choose to parks cars all day for an event. I never did anything to them and ask nothing from them.

For me it shows that I have to grow, and I have to accept the truth. I don't know about you, but I have to accept this. I have to process it. It is very difficult.

I wish you the best. In our loneliness we are together.

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

John, I'm sorry for how your family treats you. *hug* Just replying to let you know someone cares.