I'll always be alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corax

I wish there were someone that wanted me

I'm 28 and feel like I've missed out on the most basic of human experiences.

Marilyn Monroe said
“Anyone who can't handle me at my worst, doesn't deserve me at my best” Or something to that effect.

To be fair, I've been given bedroom eyes, and once someone even showed off for me.

Time, however, did it's trick and my issues drove them all away. Now talking to me is “weird” if it even happens at all. I can't stand sleeping alone, I really truly hate it. I want a warm body to curl up to. As my mind goes little by little I see the last bits of a hope that that will happen again slip away.

I tried dating sites, but have no idea how to write that profile.

“Emotionally insecure, severely depressed and unemployed yet brilliant guy seeks clingy, intelligent woman with a playful streak for a long-term relationship”

I may have to learn tai-chi to deflect all the women that throw themselves at me after reading that.

I feel like I'm just whining and should suck it up and get used to the idea of a lifetime of solitude, but I figure if anyone will understand, it's y'all

HiddenTears

I understand all too well how you feel. I hate that other people as well as me have held myself back from so much. I feel like I have missed out on "the greatest years of my life." I have never tried dating sites, so I don't have any helpful advice to give. I just want you to know that I understand how you feel, your desire to have a girl, and your lonliness. Trust me, there is nothing in the world that I want more than a girl that I can say is mine. I hope things pick up for you.

NoGood

Well i just wanna say that Corax - you have a great sense of humour and if you can make someone laugh then you have an advantage on alot of other people.

Hey, im depressed, extremely insecure and im clingy and i have an absolutely amazing boyfriend so you never know what people who love you will do for you. He is great. He comforts me and tells me he loves no matter what - my point is, never rule out the possibility :)

Talk to me wheneve you want :)

Confusticated

And to Corax, it is possible to get what you want. Try doing whatever you're doing differently. Try and gain some confidence. Once they get to know you, they won't care about the insecurities as much. It just takes some time.

Corax, all I can say is you aren't alone. For instance I am the female version of how you would describe yourself in a personal ad! So if there are two of us out there I'm sure there are plenty more. :hug:
Don't give up, you'll find somebody who can see past all of the depression thing and like you and enjoy your company and the love that you have to offer. I also wish I could find someone but I feel so pathetic that I don't even bother looking. :(

Corax, I'm sorry you feel alone in terms of relationships etc. is there anyway you can meet people through mutual interests etc? i have a feeling that when you are least expecting it someone will turn up who is right for you. we all have good and what we perceive to be bad bits to our characters i guess. they make us the people that we are. but its all personality and something that someone in a relationship with you will accept as part of you, depression and all. if you need to chat im a pm away :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I've deleted a grand total of 17 posts in this thread for either being off topic, argumentative or replying to the argumentative parties, and have edited a couple of posts for continuity.

Can we all please get back to supporting Corax?

“Emotionally insecure, severely depressed and unemployed yet brilliant guy seeks clingy, intelligent woman with a playful streak for a long-term relationship”
Love it, thumbs up! :laugh: You'll be some girl's sweet prince/knight-in-shining-armor soon, don't worry ^__^ , you just have to believe and trust.

Do you have any talents or hobbies? Things like that really attract girls, like if you play guitar or something. Focus on developing those things, the rest will fall into place. :kris: When the ocean meets the sky you'll be sailing my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCccPGtjaCU&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
I can really identify with that potential ad, I'm 29. Shine on soldier!

Remember, :poo: , be grateful for the things you have, be light-hearted, and don't let the darkness destroy you, feel free to add me as a friend Nathan.

I can't really say I identify 100%. For one, I'm female, two, I'm only 23, and three, I'm terrified of anything intimate. Which includes holding hands with a guy. That's my own past issues though.

I have tried dating sites, and got as far as talking to about 2 people, but then I realized to myself, "What the hell am I doing? You and I (reffering to my brain) both know you'll make any excuse to never meet up with them."

I held myself back because to me it was "safer". Let's just say, men haven't once proved that I can trust them yet. Except for my only boyfriend from 8th grade who's now gay, my brother, and my step-father. And those three obviously don't count.

That being said though, I DO have those times where I hate sleeping alone, and where I get those mushy moments of wanting to be someone's someone special. I even have a jacket stuffed with old clothes that "hugs" me at night and I do a pretend weird conversation thing before I can even sleep. (Hard to explain, I'm a strange person. It's a lot less weird than it sounds, actually. And not so gross as it might sound, completely G-rated.)

I wish I could give you some words of comfort. I hate giving cliche lines of "you'll find someone when the time is right" stuff (no offense to those who believe/have said that) because it's not always what we want/need to hear. I just hope that you can realize that you're not alone.

Corax

Being an Atheist I don't believe that there is any reason for there to be somebody for everybody, but if you're out there enough you're bound to meet someone you click with. That's just odds.

I sleep alone again tonight and see no change on that front in my future, but I am reassured by all the responses (give or take 17 that I'm a little sorry I missed) and it's nice to know there's a community of people I can turn to who understand.

Thank you all, and of course further advice/ideas/feedback is appreciated and shall be payed back with cookies*

All of your words are greatly appreciated.

*imaginary cookies only, offer not valid in Utah. must use mail-in cookie vouchers by 12/12/09. only one per customer.

NoGood

lmao!!

i didnt recieve my free cookie ans i forwarded on my voucher and that $10000 u said u needed to cover the P&P!!!!

your lucky u missed the other 17 lol

Hey Corax,
I wish I could give you a magic answer to solve your pain, but if i could I dont think i'd be in the same situation as you.
It sucks and I can understand where your coming from.
I dont know what else to say, other than you have my support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00