I'll be lost without you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by forlorn, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

I have a friend who has decided to end it. Dont know what to say to convince them to stay, she is obsessed with death. If there was someway to heal her pain I would. Im crying as I write this as I feel helpless. Please give me the words to change her mind. I'll miss her.
  2. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

It requires courage not to surrender oneself to the ingenious or compassionate counsels of despair that would induce a man to eliminate himself from the ranks of the living; but it does not follow from this that every huckster who is fattened and nourished in self-confidence has more courage than the man who yielded to despair.
  3. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friend :sad:

It's hard, once someone has their mind set on something it takes an awful lot to get them to change their mind.

Have you told her about this forum? Maybe she would find it helpful, it's helped a lot of people on here to get through the days and it's defnintely helped me!

Sorry I'm not of much help... but I think you could maybe mention the forum. There's people on here all the time that would listen to her problems and would try to help in whatever way they can.
  4. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

shes part of the forum. I fear for her.

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Folorn, Im sorry to put you on such despair. im not faking it, nor wanting to be saved; be kind to yourself and we still have plenty of time to talk.
    your post made me cry however because you are a beautiful person and i hope you will find the solace you truly need.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.