ill be your runaway

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by closertolove, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

there's nothing that sounds better to me right now than packing my bag and getting the fuck out of here

i'll pack my duffel bag and take some cash from their wallets; it wouldn't be enough to get me along for long, but i'd drain both accounts and use that cash. i'd pay for gas and go somewhere somewhat warmer. i'd get a job, earn some money to get basic necessities

if only i could run away

if only there were some place to go

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

My feelings exactly but i also know there is no where to run no where to hide anymore I am too old now just put up with things and hope god takes me soon. i wish i had a place anyplace to just hide away.

3. closertolove

I'm just sick of this house. We pretend like we're a family, but thats completely false. I just want somewhere to go when the nights get shitty like this. I've no idea where that could be, but I hope I find it before I succumb to the temptation of finding out just how far my car can go on a tank of gas

4. closertolove

a ticket out of here's $114... that might just be worth it though

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Its so hard to go away. You need shelter, money, time. Its not as easy as just leaving. You gotta have somewhere to go, someone to put you up, your dont just get a job straight away either.

Think this though. :)

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You don't want to be on the streets.. Trust me it is no life to live..I was on them for a little over a year..I couldn't take it anymore so I joined The Marine Corps.. They made me open my eyes and grow up fast..Living on the streets you run into some real sick-o's.. You eventually end up dumpster diving..I always went to the bakeries because the donuts they throw out are usually only a day old..So my point is find someone you can go live with and hopefully find a job(not easy now adays)..Good Luck!!

7. closertolove

i think i just need a safe haven, or a place to crash. i'm just not sure where that is

i have family in NYC, maybe i could go there

or crash with my sister in Philly for a day or two

somewhere, anywhere, just get out of my life for a moment or two

8. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

If you know people and really want out, just go, I guess, if it makes you happy. Sometimes a little breather does no harm.

9. closertolove

If I didn't have to take college applications with me, I would

But for the next two weeks, it's just a pipe dream

10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I can't device your runaway plan, it's all on you to do that.

11. closertolove

true. i'll figure it out

12. finster

finster Member

Please be very careful if you do runaway because it might be even worse than at home.

And please call a runaway hotline first - maybe you could stay at a place like covenant house.

13. closertolove

... there are runaway hotlines?

sad thing is, i'm probably not ever going to brave enough to follow through. i'm just so ready to get out of here

and i would do ANYTHING do have somewhere better to call home than here. this isn't a fucking home, this is a house i go to to get yelled at for eating too much, for wasting my opportunities, to be told there's no shot in hell of me getting into X college, to be told how to live my life on terms that aren't my own, to be told how much money i am equal to, to be constantly reminded that i'm imperfect

14. Son of Dawn

Son of Dawn Member

I'm a big fan of getting the hell out of the country altogether.

Takes more planning and $$$, but really works a charm.

15. Son of Dawn

Son of Dawn Member

The US is SO GDM UPTIGHT.

I can't STAND to live there.

I mean, I just can't fkn stand people there.

It's almost inhuman, it really is.

It's like we took S&M and made it into a culture.

It should stay in the bedroom where it belongs.

Don't be a sheep, don't be a monster.

Aggress on no one, tolerate no aggression.

Be merciless and willful to the extreme in this philosophy.

Because it's your RIGHT.

16. closertolove

im just sick of living in a place where i feel like theres no room for error

im a kid, im supposed to make mistakes, thats how im going to learn anything. theres no way i can learn if there are people always there making sure that i do it THEIR way, and THEIR way guarantees success

it ain't easy growing up in world war 3

17. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Your parents should support you, even in failure. On second thoughts, I don't think you should run away, I have similair parents, so much pressure and my parents used to always nag me when I did bad, saying how I was going to fail, low expectations of me, fail child and picked on me lecturing me about shit, but I saw my faults and I proved them wrong. Alot of parents are overly-commited like that. It can be hard but work for yourself, not them.

You want to learn? Tell them so and prove them bitches wrong.

18. closertolove

i'm trying very hard to prove them wrong; it's hard to do so while simultaneously filling out a million apps with them breathing down your neck the entire time

19. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I think in this case running away would only add acid to the open wound, your parents just seem overly committed and they seem to want you to do very well, can you not talk to your parents and tell them that you're doing your best, just open up to them and tell them about the pressure and how you'd do better if they actually were behind you. They seem to have lost control with you, it's up to you to give them their senses back. Running away would only make it worse, honestly.

20. closertolove

I know it would make it worse, but at this point, there's no use; it's not like they listen when we talk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.