I'll never be happy no matter what I do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Bethsllvn, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethsllvn

Bethsllvn New Member

I know my life could be worse. I have access to a computer and food and shelter. But nothing makes me happy, I'm miserable, I've ruined all my relationships and my career. I can't see how I'll ever feel better. I can't see myself doing anything. I feel pathetic for feeling so unhappy and being unable to fix it myself, I'm an adult not a sappy teenager. I should be able to handle things myself.
    I exercise, try to eat and sleep, went to counselling but that was stupid and a few different drugs. Maybe I'm a failure at being depressed too, maybe I'm just stupid and no one can fix that.
    Anyone advice out there? Things I have been doing don't help. All I can think is that if I can't fix this, a few bottles of betablockers benzos and sleep aids should do the trick.

2. Maniae

Maniae Member

I share those exact sentiments. I will tell you that even if brief spurts of presumably happy thoughts, you have reason to hold on a bit longer.
    Yes, I have reoccurring emotions but I have more time with loved ones. You will too.
    Can you close your eyes and think about a happier time. Take a deep breath then exhale.
    Read in Psalms.
    eat something you enjoy.
    Watch a comedy.
    If only to get your mind off your issues for now.

3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

You are not a failure.

One advice I was given was to start only doing things I enjoy, not living for other people and do what others expected of me. It is slowly helping me. As well as going to therapy.

I know you have tried counseling and you say it didn't work, maybe you should try a therapist, or a more solution based therapy form?
    Because one counselor or one drug didn't work, does not mean the rest won't. Sometimes you need to try a few before you find the ones that suit you and work with you.

Please be kind to yourself, you deserve that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.