I'll start school soon and I'm terrified

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I have Social Anxiety Disorder or SAD. I start school on the 27 of this month and I just really worried about starting school. Last year I dropped out and now I'm starting it again. can you give me some step on how to not feel anxious in college. I swear I just wish i can fast forward this part of my life.
    I wanted to kill myself but i backed out at the last moment yesterday. I'm going nut and if things don't go well at the school, I swear I gonna Off myself.
    Do you have any advice.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

College is nothing to fear seith. You will meet many interesting people there. You may even make some really good friends. When I was at university, I met some really smart people there. I don't keep in contact with them now, but they were nice people overall. Teachers college was really good too. I met all kinds of interesting, soon to be teachers. I have a small degree of social anxiety too, and I know how hard it can be to meet people. Just try to be calm. :hug:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you thought of hiring a tutor to help you get started so you understand what is happening along with giving you some studying tips. You should feel proud that you have made it as far as you have. I was a dropout also, I chose drugs over education. I never figured I would make it to my fifties,I always thought I would be long dead by now!! I think you should look forward to college. All new people to get to know. I agree with Dave. You will meet new friends! My advice is to stay away from the parties. Every now and then is o.k. but you should really stay on course with your studies. Good Luck and Stay Strong...:chopper:...

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

For the first couple of days just concentrate on the inductions and what not. If people start making small talk with you, then try to respond.
    Stay calm and it should all be fine and enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.