Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by starlight2006, Oct 22, 2007.

1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

Ive been ill now for just over 2 weeks - had a bad chest / cough and a sore throat on and off. 4 out of 5 of us in my house have suffered with a cold etc and the housemate i spend the most time with has had the same problems with a cough as well. She seems to be getting better, but im just getting worse. Ive told myself that if im still ill in a few days then im gona go to the docs, because i cant cope with it going on anymore.

Im worried that my housemates will begin to think that im exgerrating or lying even. Ive had to let them down alot over the past 2 weeks with being too ill to do things like go and play badminton and go out. I just dont want them to think that im doing it for attention.

I should prob talk to them. I couldnt today because it was one of their birthdays and i didnt wana draw attention to me being ill. They could see it because i couldnt stop coughing and was falling asleep in front of the TV. its things like that that im worried about. That they will think that because i am doing those sort of things in front of them it is all for attention.

Im just really sick of being ill, but dont wana go to docs yet because they will think im jus exagerating as well or at least that i havent waited long enough for it to go away. They fort that the last time i went because i had a bad cough.

Im jus so tired. And now they are all talking about boyfriends asnd stuff. And i am going to be alone. For ever.
  2. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

do yourself a favor and go to the doctor.
  3. i went through the same thing a few weeks ago. i got a really bad cold and it lasted for about two weeks. well, it started off as a bad cold, that turned into a light headed/dizzy thing, that turned into a stomache thing.

near the end of it all, i, too, felt as though my housemates and my co-workers were no longer believing me. that i was really sick. and as ridiculous as it seemed, i was not faking it at all.

you're not alone. go to the doctor. be honest and tell him all your symptoms no matter how trivial it may seem. and go back if it doesn't get better or if you get new symptoms. it took over 2 weeks for me to start feeling better - physcially.
  4. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

jcat - thanks for making me feel a whole lot better ...........