Im 17 and a nolife.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LostInDarkness, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have never had a girlfriend, I'm a virgin, I have never kissed a girl. I don't have any friends. I'm located at a mental hospital at the moment because I had a mental breakdown 3 months ago. Only option I can come up to would be suicide. Am I right? I'm trash.

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Hey your not as unique as you might think. I was always shy and frightened to talk to girls,I didn't kiss a girl or lose my virginity until I was 19 years old and that was only because my father and stepmothers friends got me and their daughter together. I'm 39 now and still feel intimidated by women,I'm single,no friends. I'm not trying to depress you further just let you know that your not a freak. Your so young and you've barely become an adult so don't beat yourself up so much please. I'm sorry your in the unit right now but I hope your getting well. Seventeen is too young to give up on life when your whole life is still in front of you. Dig deep and have a go at life before you throw the towel in,take care and hope you start recovering soon.

3. the_unknown

the_unknown Banned Member

You are the 5th person i saw (there are probably more) here with almost the same problem. 99% same "description" of what they are going through. The words "trash" and "virgin" and "girlfriend" also always pops out.
    Why are girlfriends and friends the cause of many people's suffering??!! Damn cruel fate!!!
    I know how it feels, I can't help you about that since thats also my problem, but there are many people here who can help you a lot.

4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

You're not trash, you're just going through a difficult patch in life at the moment. It's not uncommon to have no/little romantic experience at your age. You're still really young and there is plenty of time for that to come, if you allow it to.

Welcome to the forums (I notice you joined fairly recently) and I hope things start to look up soon. :hug:

5. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

You are far from trash. I'm 19, don't have a girlfriend, never kissed, still a virgin. It doesn't mean you have no life. I know its easy to believe that. I fall into that trap so often. At our age its kinda drummed into you that if you don't have a girlfriend then you're nothing and it really isn't fair. I really hope you hold on because you shouldn't have to end your life over this. You shouldn't end it over anything. If you want to talk my inbox is always open :hug:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome,

You're far from trash, its depression that makes you feel that way. :hug:
    keep talking here if it helps xox

7. Jungle420

Jungle420 Banned Member

im 21 and have all the "never hads" that you list. Ive had quite alot of girls say im cute and sexy though I didn't know how to relate with them. ive self isolated all my life now I have no one to talk to 24/7. I feel ill be an extremely lonely awkward antisocial failure the rest of my life. You are not alone. I've been in mental hospital before too and its a pointless horrible experience.

8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear LID please don't dispair it's not you talking it's your depression as was mentioned IMOY.I understand exactly how you're feeling,I'm 36 years of age and have been going through those feelings forever as well.Remember you're only 17 you can be 18 or 20 for example and then have ended up kissing a dozen girls by then.Right now you're so down because you're depressed and thinking the worst of yourself it's not your fault at all.

9. Mirikun

Mirikun Well-Known Member

You're not trash at all. I'm also 19 and a virgin. :)

These things are definitely best left until they happen naturally. I assure you that trying to make love-related things happen to early is something you'll regret. In the past I've ended up in relationships only because I.. Wanted a relationship, maybe, and now I feel like they're the hugest mistakes I've made in my life. In fact, they're probably the reason that I'm here.

Try to stay confident and keep your head held high! Romantic relationships are just one small factor within this huge thing that we call life. You're definitely not a nolife.

Do tell us more about how you feel! Is the mental hospital making you feel worse about yourself? Have you met any people you get along with there?

10. L108935

L108935 Well-Known Member

I'm 19, virgin, never kissed a girl, never had a gf, currently in college and failing at meeting girls.
    I got a psychiatrist for the first time, got on antidepressants, and I'm having fun with the kids in my dorm.

When I was 17, all I did was bodybuilding and sprinting (for track and field). My exercise and self improvement was my only connection to a life with purpose.

Find whatever makes you happy, and fuck the rest. You don't need the typical bullshit everyone implies is standard for life.

11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, usually I'm the most pessimistic person you can imagine. But that generally is only when it comes to my own life.

To put things into perspective for you, I'm 38 so I know what it's like to be young and depressed. What I would say to you is to hang in there. You are very young still. You have a chance to turn things around. Much can happen between the age you are now and the age I am. I have all but given up but it turns out I never really had a chance. Maybe you do. I know I sound like just another bleeding heart but you don't have to despair just yet.

12. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I'm 17 too, and I pretty much only have 1 real friend, never been kissed, never had a girlfriend. This doesn't make anyone trash. People now think that you have to have a girlfriend/boyfrind all of the time, and it's just not true. It's something you do when you're ready. And if you're in a mental hospital, and don't think any girl your age is going to be mature/ready enough to handle something like this. They don't want anybody that is less than perfect.

13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

LostinDarkness.. as you have seen here very clearly, you are not the only one with this all.. at your age things can change very much when you least expect it.. work on getting to more comfortable positions in your lfie. ask for help from the professionals while it is available ..

best wishes and take care, Jim..

PS Happy Thanksgiving. may the next one be an even happier one than this years..

14. Thanks all. I've been at the hospital for a week now again. I get a one-day holiday every weekend. I have met some people there with the same situation as I. I have met a nice girl too there. She's 17 too, though I'm 7 months older.
    I have started to think a bit brighter now. I feel pretty good now actually. Your comments made me feel great. I still got hope. I have to start living my life. Thanks. :smile:

15. ADLJH

ADLJH New Member

I think you are losing sight of what's really important in life because having a girlfriend and losing your virginity isn't all it's cracked up to be. I mean having someone is nice but you don't really NEED someone and you have to be happy with yourself before you can ever be happy with anybody else. I believe you will get through this and I don't think taking the easy way out is the way to go. You are so young and have so much time ahead of you to have a girlfriend and lose your virginity. Killing yourself is not the answer. Stay strong and get yourself better so that you can make someone else happy one day.

16. alixer

alixer Active Member

You've got your whole life ahead of you. I know people say that, but it's true. You have yet to become the person you'll be. I'd give anything to be 17 again, but that's mostly because that's when you pick a career and I fucked up the choice of mine. Word of advice, don't go into the humanities unless you want to increase your chances of being poor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.