Im a bad friend.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by itachi, May 11, 2007.

1. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

A certain News Article, actually managed to screw me up more than my friend being put in hospital :sad:

wen Hannah got put in hospital i was upset for a couple of hours then i calmed down.

but this Article.... i swear if i didn't have sleeping pills for tonight, i would be sitting ther sobbing all night. everytime my mind is alowed to wander i goes straight to that article and a want to cry again.

why am i such a bad friend?
    why does the happenings in another country, to people i have never met, upset me more than a close friend trying to kill herself?
    why do i get so upset about 1 single person, and i don't feel upset like this about the millions of children dieing in sudan, or all the innocent people getting killed in Iraq?

I feel like such a bad person. :cry:

2. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

*sigh* Actually i know im a bad person :sad:

3. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

always been kind to me
    ty jas
    hugs sarahg

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Because its often easier to get upset about something distant (a kind of whip yourself up thing.if you follow me) than to let something really important like someone close being ill, actually be real.
    You follow me Josh? To let something we really care about hit home might just be the end of us. You see it all the time, when it really matters the human instinct is to shut down for fear of the hurt it might cause.
    It doesnt make you a bad friend.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

5. Adeline

Adeline Well-Known Member

Hey Jas,

You're not a bad friend. Don't be hard on yourself. You sound like you are one of those sympathetic, sensitive people who empathises with the pain of others. Thats not the sign of a bad person. Thats the sign of a truly beautiful person with a loving heart. :smile:

Hope that you're okay.

Earla