I'm a bad person

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Feb 25, 2014.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I had this horrible dream where I'm attending a seminar and they end up scaring me with a velociraptor (I have a phobia of them) then I find out that the company did it on purpose because they said I was a bad person, and they had a list of what I did to others...stuff like I told this other worker to talk to his supervisor because I didn't know, and they said that I did know and just wanted to keep the information from that man...there were other silly things like that but they made me feel like I was a horrible person and deserved to be punished...

I almost woke up crying...what the hell? what kind of dream is that? am I really that evil? is that what people think of me? I just feel really bad right now...might as well die, that way I won't bother anyone...

2. morning rush

wow, and no one cares...that's nice

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

No you're not! (a bad person)... I don't know much about dream-analysis, but I can say it was only just a dream, so don't take it to mean more than it is. It doesn't define you in any way shape or form. It could've come from your subconscious, or some working out of problems, or an expression of fears (however irrational-they're still real in terms of the feel). Or it could mean nothing at all. So please, don't overreact and think like that, because it isn't true. I've been having lots of nightmares lately too... Not fun! But I get by by not trying to translate them into my waking life. Your presence is tremendous around here. Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  4. morning rush

my mom says that it's my subconscious speaking, that deep down I feel like that and so it came out in a dream. Because in my past my dad treated me badly and always said I was a bad person...so I guess it comes out...

I know what you mean about dreams...I get a lot of nightmares, it's not funny. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one that gets nightmares, but at the same time I feel sad that you have them too. It's not something I would wish on anyone.

5. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Thanks morning rush!!!:D
    Your Mom sounds pretty smart!!:)
    Don't worry about me, I have been having them for so long that I am used to it..;) I used to focus and fixate on them too--until I realized that I would be practically frozen in my rocking chair for the duration of the day. So I now mostly chalk it up to emotions, or random thoughts that don't necessarily tie into anything of critical significance in my current life. Almost like another form of meditation, perhaps, only not nearly as peaceful per se! I see a lot of people who used to be important to me - but they don't ever talk back to me... I once read books on dreams by Freud & Jung but I've long forgotten everything about them. :) mrb (p.s. sorry to hear about your dad)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  6. morning rush

yeah I know what you mean :) Well today I had good dreams so I am happy that I didn't have to have nightmares again...maybe I was just stressed out like you said.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Is a velicraptor a dinosaur in jurassic park?

8. morning rush

yeah. It's an irrational fear because they are extinct but yeah, I saw the movie when I was a kid and that marked me. I haven't dreamt of them in such a long time. I think it's not really the dinosaur I'm afraid of but of being eaten alive, which is what raptors do, they rip open your belly and eat your entrails while your still alive and that scares me like you wouldn't believe...

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

oh, i think its cool btw and dont think its irrational.

I wish I could dream like this and be scared than feel nothing.

10. morning rush

irony is that I wish I could not feel anything instead of being afraid and having nightmares. Sad we can't switch eh :)

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are not a bad person. As my psychologist would say.... where is the evidence that you are a bad person? Exactly, there is none :) I think you're really good at writing your thoughts down. Not a bad person hun :hug:

12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

you are not bad at all. But I might question if someone like your dad made you feel like you were. And that felt like you were being eaten alive from your gut out. As you know, sometimes we substitue symbols in dreams. But you are not a bad person. Sometimes people are told by a core person in their life that they are bad or cause harm etc. And then the person can perpetuate the message upon themsevles. Even though it is not at all the reality. I am sorry you have those fears and feelings about yourelf. Way too many people who were hurt do have that. Way too many.

13. morning rush

my mom said the same thing too, that because my dad treated me like a bad person and said I was bad it stayed with me and so when I'm down I feel like a bad too person.