I'm A Disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackfire

I went to the doctor last week and acted like everything was great. He is shocked at my progress in such a short time.

The truth is I am not better. No one talks to me. I make it a point to socialize and end up getting ignored. I go out of my way to try to do things with others. I am soooo lonely that it hurts. I don't want to go to work this weekend.

I just want to curl up in bed and fall asleep. Never want to see the light of day again. No one I knew or currently know wants anything to do with me. It isa sad life I live.

hatelife

i hope this does not come out so cruel but one thing i am learning at the moment is that i need to relax around the people i know, i mean not try so hard or go out of my way to try to socialize, i am not trying to compare what i am going through with what you are going through but things have started slowly to improve by just relaxing and having fun, devastated is right, going back to the docs and telling the trhth willl help you more then by saying its all fine.

blackfire, you really do need to be honest with your doctor. If you aren't there is no way they can truly help you. Please consider telling the doc how things really are for you. I would like to see you stay safe. Please take care. :hug:

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Telling someone, even a professional, what hurts is very difficult so please do not fault yourself too much...why not try to rehearse the conversation with someone online, so that when you have to do it, it will feel a little more comfortable??? and yes, tell the doc what is going on so s/he can help you...big hugs, Jackie

sudut

I went to the doctor last week and acted like everything was great. He is shocked at my progress in such a short time.

The truth is I am not better. No one talks to me. I make it a point to socialize and end up getting ignored. I go out of my way to try to do things with others. I am soooo lonely that it hurts. I don't want to go to work this weekend.

I just want to curl up in bed and fall asleep. Never want to see the light of day again. No one I knew or currently know wants anything to do with me. It isa sad life I live.
that describes my former life, until i discovered the secret. the secret is there are lots of people right now, wherever you live, wherever you are, who desperately need friends to talk to. they are desperately lonely. this is an opportunity for you to go to your local old folks home or hospital and volunteer. you will not only meet new friends this way, but you will get to solve people's lonely needs. by doing this, your soul will grow more, because you will be loving your neighbour AS you love yourself. you will find happiness; more happiness than you'd find from tyring to get 'cool' friends. and automatically people will be attracted to you. it might not happen soon, but hang on. start small. one person this week needs you. good luck. and I hope your maker blesses you.

David

there is no point in lying to the people who are trying to help you. you are just making things worse for yourself. tell them the truth and why you did that, before the condition gets out of hand. do it for yourself.

ace

blackfire you're feeling depressed that is why you're feeling like nobody wants to know you,but it is'nt true my friend.It's how we view thing's in such a way when we're feeling so low,everything is hopeless,useless and helpless you know what I mean.Please go back to your Doctor and tell him everything he wont get upset at you just explain everything and exactly how you're feeling.At times Dr's or people can tell if you're lying but it's hard for them to know if you say everything's fine.
It wont be a problem as long as you tell him everything we're here for you,just be honest and open about everything and that way you can get the help you need and not suffer in silence.In terms of being friendly with people just say a simple hello to a stranger whether they're a young person old or middle aged and most of the time you will get a friendly response I'm sure and it will make you feel good.
We cant help it if people don't react back positively but we have to take it in various ways,maybe the people don't want to talk or think who's he or she and why are they saying hello?they could be really down and have their own problems and just not in the mood,we don't know as long as we don't try and delve into into it to much and bring it on ourselves that people just don't like us.
I know how we get these types of reaction's or feelings but we have to try and sit back and reflect at times and alalyze thing's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00